We create a design project for a one-room apartment of 38 sq. m.
Relatively small area of 38 sq. m. opens up ample opportunities for creating a convenient and functional layout of the premises. With the right approach, even in one room, you can fully fit all the functions of a three-room apartment.
When developing an apartment design, convenience and functionality are in the first place
How to start project development
When developing a design project for a one-room apartment of 38 sq.m. it is important to take into account not only the aesthetic side of the issue, but also to try to make the interior ergonomic, to make the most of the available space. To do this, you must adhere to several basic rules..
The project provides for functional areas: a full bedroom with an office, a living room and a kitchen-dining room
Use light colors that visually expand the space:
- Light gray.
Light gray color will expand the space of the room
Some coldness of the gray interior will soften the honey-beige floor covering
Avoid dark shades such as:
- Dark grey.
A solid color interior will create an excellent background for decorative elements.
Advice. Avoid contrasts, they narrow the space.
It is appropriate to add lighter shades to a small hallway.
- Modern, hi-tech, modern, minimalism, Scandinavian, loft, classicism.
- Ethnic, provence, empire, baroque, art deco, shabby chic.
Contemporary style means austere furniture, clean lines and moderate decor
Young modern people will love the loft-style interior
Shabby chic style apartment interior
- Several rugs of different shapes.
- Paintings and picture frames on the walls.
- Transparent vases.
- Light air curtains.
The carpet can act as a decoration or be a space divider.
Mirrors on the doors of the wardrobe
You can hang an open shelf above the sofa and display a collection of paintings or family photos on it.
Lavish decorations are not recommended:
- Souvenir-laden shelves.
- Heavy curtains.
- Large carpets.
- Bulky flower pots.
Tastefully selected indoor flowers will improve the interior of the apartment by an order of magnitude
- It is matched to the color of the walls, as compact and functional as possible, with low backs and armrests.
- Wardrobes that contrast with the walls, massive objects, lots of open shelves.
Furniture in a one-room apartment is selected individually, taking into account the people living in it
The main rule is not a single dead zone, it is extremely important to use every centimeter of the area wisely
It is carried out using light and color solutions. Instead of screens and partitions, transparent shelving is used.
It is very convenient to use sliding partitions for zoning.
Zoning a room with bookshelves
Sofa as a space divider
- General + point.
- General only.
Lighting should not be just enough, it should be a lot
Young married couples often face the problem of apartment redevelopment, because, despite the small area of housing, you still want to divide a one-room apartment into several functional zones.
Combining rooms allows you to create the most spacious room, as much as possible, taking into account the available square meters
One of the significant advantages of an open plan is the absence of obstacles to the spread of light.
- Creation of personal space for each family member.
- Separation of the child’s and parent’s bedroom.
- Organization of a place for receiving guests.
- Organization of storage space
A folding sofa can play the role of a berth, which will create more free space
- Full or partial rejection of the hallway, or taking it out of the apartment. In its place, you can organize storage space, arrange cabinets and racks, or organize a recreation and reception area.
- The feeling of a closed space can be removed with light walls, mirrors and glossy surfaces.
- Equip a pantry place for a dining area by removing partitions.
- Multifunctional furniture: transforming sofa, loft bed, built-in appliances. Such interior items will not only save space, but also hide unnecessary things, and make the furnishings more non-standard..
- Compensate for the coldness of a plain white background with cozy, distressed décor, antiques and curly mirrors.
- In order for the apartment to create the effect of a single space, all rooms, including the bathroom and toilet, must be decorated in the same style..
It is advisable to arrange the entire apartment in a single style.
Combining the bedroom with the living room
In order to fit 38 sq.m. in the design of a one-room apartment. everything you need, you somehow have to combine various functional areas in it. In most cases, this is done at the expense of the bedroom and living room..
The sleeping area can be combined with the living room or separated with the help of furniture, which largely depends on the size of the room
Option for partial allocation of the sleeping area
The storage system located here carries a huge semantic load. She not only contains many things, but also sets the mood in this part of the apartment..
The bedroom is usually not separated using partitions; more often, shelves or other pieces of furniture open on both sides are used for this. There is no point in blocking an already small apartment with unnecessary walls. Another advantage of such zoning is that this border will not interfere with the spread of sunlight from one part of the room to another..
Apartment owners often make the same planning mistake by leaving corners unoccupied. By using them, you can effortlessly save a few precious square meters. Therefore, designers willingly introduce corner tables, sofas, and cabinets into interiors, which are also much more spacious than usual..
Photos of the best interior solutions