Features of kitchen design in Khrushchev
The kitchen is considered an important room, which requires special attention to renovation. Khrushchevs are distinguished by the small area of this room. Therefore, it is important to use square meters as useful as possible. Thoroughly think over the design of the kitchen in Khrushchev, you can radically transform it.
The kitchen in Khrushchev is only 5-6 square meters of area with low ceilings.
Design ideas for a small kitchen in Khrushchev
When designing this room, it is recommended to adhere to the following recommendations.
- Choose in advance finishing materials and color palette.
- Develop a project for the location of furniture and household appliances. It should be convenient to use them, but they should not create obstacles for moving around the territory..
- Decide on the type and placement of lighting, choose a decor.
Good light, bright enough for easy cooking is one of the basic requirements.
When the territory is small, it is important to rely not only on beauty, but also on the practicality of kitchen design in Khrushchev.
Redevelopment of the kitchen in Khrushchev
Redevelopment helps to increase the area, change the purpose or configuration of the room. Most often, the kitchen is connected to the living room. This can be done in different ways..
- If the dividing wall is not load-bearing, it is simply demolished..
- Make an arch to create a passage between rooms.
The lighter the kitchen in Khrushchev, the more spacious it seems.
If the rooms were connected, then it is necessary to form several zones, including a work and a dining area. For zoning, it is worth using a screen, installing a bar counter or separating all finishing materials.
The kitchen can be connected to the balcony. It is preliminarily recommended to think about the withdrawal of the heating system and insulate the windows. Be sure to carefully consider all the details before implementation..
All surfaces must be workable. The more efficiently they are used, the more space in the kitchen..
Interior style for “Khrushchev” kitchen
There are several design options for this room. They are marked in the table.
Multifunctional furniture that changes its purpose at your request is the right choice for small kitchens in Khrushchev.
|Modern||Differs in brevity. Maximum practicality of elements, all lines are clear. Kitchen appliances must be built in. Discard the standard stove by replacing it with a hob. A window sill can continue the worktop. Make the lighting point. The interior has a lot of metal, glass and light colors.|
|Classic||Reflects luxury, good taste of the owner of the house. The main details are the use of a set made of natural wood with milky enamel. The use of plaster moldings, upholstered chairs with a high back.|
|Provence||A distinctive feature is the use of pastel colors, textiles from natural fabrics, lace inserts, prints in the form of flowers and patterns. A small kitchen will be filled with a light and fresh atmosphere.|
|Scandinavian||Differs in an abundance of light shades. You can add other tones, but a little and not too bright. A similar kitchen interior in Khrushchev helps to make it visually more spacious..|
Color solutions for the kitchen in Khrushchev
An important stage in the renovation is the choice of the palette. It depends on how the kitchen will look in the final version. It is necessary that it does not look dark and cramped. The following tones are suitable.
- White. He is great at reflecting light. Suitable for combination with almost any scale, creating contrast. Not suitable for floors, areas close to the sink or countertops..
Better to stay on walls, ceiling, headset.
- Natural wood shade. Even if the furniture is not made of natural wood, color imitation will create comfort in the work area..
Helps to add to the atmosphere of coziness.
- Yellow. Relevant for rooms where there is very little natural light. It will help fill the kitchen with warmth and add a good mood, get rid of dullness..
Used as a luscious accent or general background.
- Green. Perfect for a small room. Can be used as a base color or select details from a similar palette.
It goes well with gray, pink and orange.
- Red. Differs in saturation, thanks to which it is able to attract everyone’s attention. It is believed to help increase appetite. May take up a lot of space due to its brightness. Therefore, in a small kitchen, it is important to use dosed.
Better not to make red as a background.
- Pastel colors. When combined with white, you can achieve tenderness and lightness. Suitable for a small area, allowing it to look airy. As a complement, it is recommended to choose rich tones, but not flashy, bright.
Pastel palette gives peace, harmony.
Finishing and materials for the kitchen in Khrushchev
The final design of a small kitchen in Khrushchev depends on the materials chosen for decoration. Each site in the room has its own recommendations to achieve beauty and practicality..
- Floor. The most affordable solution is linoleum. Its advantages are low cost, beautiful appearance and ease of maintenance. Don’t use a lot of small elements that draw attention to yourself. This can visually reduce the area. Better to give up laminate flooring. Its service life will be significantly reduced. If boiling water or oil drops get on it, the surface will quickly be damaged and the coating will have to be changed..
If you want to add sophistication, it is recommended to stay on light-colored tiles..
- Walls. There is a possibility of condensation settling on the surface. Therefore, the coating should be chosen with water-repellent enamel. Washable vinyl wallpaper is suitable. Tiles become an ecological solution. But this can be expensive. A light palette or small patterns add volume to the room. If the ceilings are low, you can add heights to them using vertical lines on the selected floor. For better light reflection, place mirrors around the perimeter.
The tile should be glossy, medium-sized, with no contrasting elements.
- Ceiling. You can stop at leveling the surface with plaster, then cover everything with light paint that is resistant to moisture. The rest of the ceiling design options will only reduce its height..
- Textile. Any fabric found in the kitchen will require frequent washing. Therefore, it is recommended to choose polyester products..
Its advantage is the ability to dry quickly.
Furniture for a small kitchen in Khrushchev
Among the main pieces of furniture required for the kitchen, it is worth noting the following.
- Headset. Can be made of natural wood or imitate it. The product must be covered with a varnish that protects it from moisture. May have elements of metal, glass or plastic. Choose a dark matte shade if the kitchen is spacious. Glossy light tones are ideal when space is limited. To optimize the space, you should purchase built-in appliances, then order a headset.
This will help to accurately manufacture it, in accordance with the dimensions of each device..
- Lunch segment. If the kitchen is small, then placing a full table in it will become a real problem. For a studio apartment, a bar counter is usually installed that performs several functions at once. If space is limited, it is recommended to use folding products. A folding table allows you to have a dining area and not take up much space.
If the window sill is wide, it can become a tabletop for eating..
- Storage system. Before buying a headset, it is important to think carefully about where all the necessary things will be located, such as dishes, kitchen utensils. You can save space and correctly place everything by increasing the height of the cabinets. Be sure to use the corners in the room.
Neat kitchen design in Khrushchev: tips
Thinking over the interior of the kitchen in Khrushchev can be complicated due to the characteristic small size of the premises. The room set aside for cooking and eating is often so small that it can be difficult to fit even the necessary attributes into it. You can solve such problems if you organize everything correctly. It is important to set up the light correctly. He can hide the imperfections of space and show only advantages..
Add mirrored surfaces, light colors to make the kitchen visually larger, fresher.
What are the Khrushchevs?
Khrushchevs differ in the year when the building was carried out, in the number of floors. May vary in size and other parameters.
Often there are several main types of Khrushchev.
- Buildings with 5 or 6 floors, erected in the late 50s. The ceiling in such a dwelling has a height of 2.5 m. The dimensions of the kitchen are reduced to 7.6 sq. M..
- Houses built between 1960 and 1965. The buildings are made of bricks. The ceiling height is identical with the first view. The dimensions of the kitchen are somewhat smaller and are reduced to 6.2 – 6.5 sq.m..
- Buildings erected between 1965 and 1968. These are panel dwellings. The dimensions of the kitchen area remained unchanged. Additionally, there were problems related to thermal insulation. Presumably, the kitchen in such houses was supposed to be a place only for cooking. Other rooms were allocated for eating..
Kitchen design in Khrushchev with a gas water heater
If a small kitchen is equipped with a gas water heater, the best solution would be to build it into a hanging cabinet. It should match the overall design style. The locker helps to remove the unit from common eyes, which can only spoil the overall view.
It is preliminarily recommended to consult with specialists.
This will allow you to find the correct cabinet size. It should be not only beautiful, but also safe. Requires a certain width and many openings for good ventilation.
What you can do with your own hands?
In addition to custom-made furniture, you can have your hand in creating the design of a small kitchen in Khrushchev. We recommend using the following tips.
The key task will be to visually increase the area of \ u200b \ u200bthe room..
- Choose furniture in light colors. It will be successfully combined with wall covering in the same range..
- Installation of the rack up to the ceiling helps to visually increase the height.
- Discard small pieces of furniture. This will only litter the overall environment. It is recommended to give preference to a few large objects rather than many small ones..
- For the dining segment, choose a round or oval table. Avoid sharp corners.
- For the window, choose blinds or roman blinds.
- Hang the cornice almost to the ceiling. Textiles should be pastel colors, which will add comfort and softness.
- Remove large, bulky parts.
Better to add a few small elements, placed randomly..
What kind of built-in equipment is needed?
Built-in technology is essential for the correct and practical use of all available space. This allows you to connect multiple tasks, including not wasting extra meters, but maintaining functionality. Among the necessary equipment are an oven, hob, dishwasher, extractor hood.
Don’t choose bulky items.
The hob can only have 2 burners, this will be enough. Even if the kitchen is tiny, you cannot refuse the hood. There are compact models. When installing, it should be borne in mind that it will subsequently be nominated..
An area close to the sink is ideal for a dishwasher.
Functionality in design
A small room should be as functional as possible. To do this, you should use the following recommendations.
In some cases, you can do without major repairs, it is enough to revise the approach to organizing the workspace and optimize it.
- Remove the dining area from the kitchen. If there are no problems, you can simply move the eating area to another room. Then the kitchen will only need to prepare food. This will greatly facilitate the process of selecting and placing the required attributes. Be sure to install a refrigerator, sink and stove. The rest of the items are worth buying if there is enough space and need..
- You can purchase a horizontal model of the refrigerator. Then its surface can be additionally used as a working one. What increases functionality.
- Remove unnecessary pieces of furniture from the room. Modular models can be installed. Choose cabinets with the possibility of transformation.
- If the window sill is large, make it an additional work surface..
The listed tips will help to rationally and usefully use the available square meters..
VIDEO: Kitchen design in Khrushchev 6 sq. m.
50 design options for the kitchen in Khrushchev: