Kitchen design 6 sq. meters: choice of style, furniture, lighting.
A small kitchen is a common problem in standard high-rise apartments. However, designers and people who have already faced such a situation know perfectly well what to make a stylish and functional kitchen design of 6 sq. meters is quite real.
The main secret of the correct arrangement of a small kitchen lies on the surface – it is necessary to use literally every square centimeter of its area as efficiently as possible.
When planning a room, it is imperative to take into account the following points.
- Furniture placement method. Three options are available:
Functional kitchen option in a small apartment.
- When arranging the working area, be sure to pay attention to the specified interior details:
- Convenient table top;
- Place for all household appliances;
Give preference to natural materials when decorating a small kitchen.
- Compact dining area.
- Color solution.
- Optimizing space as much as possible.
Stylish white interior looks good with natural wood.
Now let’s take a closer look at the work on the interior of the kitchen 6 sq. meters.
Choice of style and color
When the kitchen is cramped, then combining this area and the living room will be a good solution. Otherwise, you will have to use various design tricks for a compact layout of the room. And first of all, you have to decide on the style.
Discreet and laconic design of a white kitchen with chrome accents.
|Name||Description||Main elements||Leading colors|
|Classical||The classics are relevant for any type of room. The main thing is not to overload the already cramped atmosphere with attributes corresponding to the style..||Natural wood furniture, stucco molding, paintings, mirrors.||All light shades.|
|Modern||The main feature of the style is minimalism. Therefore, it is ideal for kitchen design 6 sq. meters. Any room furnished in this style will seem spacious and bright..||Modern modular furniture with a glossy finish, built-in appliances, lighting in each area.||Light colors with the addition of rich contrasting tones.|
|High tech||The style is also minimalist, paired with pure bright colors. High-tech is distinguished by the various communications left in plain sight, used as decoration (water pipes, gas pipes, hood)||Lots of glass, metal and mirrors, built-in appliances.
Ruffles and flowers in all forms are excluded.
|Contrasting saturated color combinations.|
|Rustic||Such a kitchen will be distinguished by naturalness and comfort. Much like French Provence.||An abundance of textiles (curtains, tablecloths, napkins, potholders), wooden or wicker furniture, hidden appliances||Light beige tones, discreet drawing, natural wood.|
For all the styles chosen for the layout of a small kitchen in an apartment, there are certain rules for choosing a color scheme. The chosen background will become the basis for the design of the entire kitchen and you need to approach it very responsibly..
In order for the conceived to be realized, you should carefully select the furniture.
So, let’s look at the basic rules for choosing colors for design..
- The light palette in all its manifestations is an indispensable assistant in the development of a design project for a small kitchen of 6 sq. meters. In this case, the shades should be warm and calm..
- Glossy wall surfaces and headsets, similar to mirrors, will visually increase the space.
- Bright accents must be present so that the room does not seem dull.
- The kitchen set can be either light or dark. The color of the walls is responsible for the visual increase in space. Moreover, dark furniture in the kitchen is practical.
- You will need to exclude large patterns and contrasting colors. If you want to add something, it is better to opt for unobtrusive prints and accessories..
- Curtains and headsets may well be in a bright saturated color. But only if one or the other does not occupy all the walls at once.
- Vertical and horizontal stripes always look great in a small kitchen.
- Versatile neutral colors are always relevant in modern design.
Do not forget that the kitchen should not stand out from the overall interior of the apartment. The style should be similar to the rooms.
Kitchen design 6 sq. meters includes another crucial moment – the choice of furniture. This issue should be approached carefully enough so as not to overload the space. Designers constantly come up with and implement more and more new ideas to save space and compact placement of all the necessary furniture and equipment. For this reason, a small kitchen can sometimes look much more stylish and interesting than a large one..
With small dimensions, the functionality of every detail is important..
Consider a few rules that professionals follow when planning a kitchen area of 6 sq. meters.
- Maximum reduction of sharp corners. All transitions should be smooth. Most likely, you will not be able to get by with a standard kitchen set and you will have to make it to order, taking into account the installation of all the equipment. Although many manufacturers already offer ready-made compact solutions that only need to be “adjusted” to the required dimensions.
- A regular dining table can be replaced with a folding or bar counter.
Such solutions will significantly save space..
- A wide window sill will become a convenient and functional solution. It is not only a flower pot stand. It is quite possible to place household appliances and various kitchen utensils here. In many apartments, a small locker is provided under the windowsill, which is very convenient.
- Corner furniture will help you use every centimeter effectively.
Corner cabinets are always much more spacious than standard straight pieces of furniture.
- Pull-out modules are an indispensable invention for a small kitchen. It is desirable that each module be up to 40 centimeters wide. So they can be moved as you like, and at the same time save space. The photo shows several layout options using modular furniture.
- Open cabinets and shelves can significantly relieve furniture by adding air to the room..
Tall narrow modules with shelves will look especially good..
- When purchasing furniture, you need to carefully think over each element – there should be nothing superfluous, only the most necessary.
- Instead of a stove that takes up a lot of space, you can buy a hob and, if necessary, an oven.
It can be installed in one of the modules.
- The refrigerator is sometimes very well placed in a niche in the corridor, as shown in the photo.
- A washing machine or dishwasher can be easily installed under the sink.
You should carefully consider this or that choice, so as not to redo it later..
The last, but not least, question is the lighting of the six-meter kitchen. First of all, it is worth considering the visual division of the space into the dining area and the illumination of the work surface..
For a small kitchen, compact lighting fixtures are always suitable, effectively highlighting the table or decor elements. Better to opt for spot lighting.
There should be a lot of lighting, despite the modest dimensions of the room – this will also visually expand the space.
Halogen lamps can create a cozy atmosphere and correctly illuminate the work surfaces. Especially if the light rays are reflected from mirrors and glossy furniture surfaces.
Don’t forget about daylight. It is better not to clutter the window opening with curtains made of thick textiles.
You need to choose either curtains in the style of minimalism or any version of blinds.
Design options for a small area
Now it is worth considering several options for kitchen design, suitable for standard layouts..
Standard Scandinavian Style Layout
This will enable the interior to become light and spacious..
Kitchen design 6 sq. meters can be performed in a Scandinavian style. It is based on white color combined with warm light shades of any tone.
It is imperative to add bright accessories to avoid the appearance of the “hospital” style. For example, you can buy bright roller blinds, as shown in the photo..
In this style, the flooring should be chosen with elements of geometry, also in light colors..
The apron near the work surface may well be dark..
The main light source is the window, so the curtains will have to be eliminated. A central chandelier with dimmable lighting and illumination of the work surface must be present.
An original solution can be a folding dining table, which has become a continuation of the window sill, as shown in the photo.
Light colors, on the other hand, visually expand the room, so they will be the best choice..
Kitchen with built-in refrigerator
When considering the layout of a small-sized kitchen, you always want to use every centimeter with maximum benefit. The photo shows a kitchen decorated using three leading colors: white, gray and beige.
As an additional decoration, you can use elements of natural wood, plastic, metal.
Furniture, as well as for any miniature kitchen, is better to choose with a glossy finish. The expediency of such a decision was indicated above..
The apron in the work area should contrast with the headset in both color and texture. You can make it in the form of imitation of natural stone or brickwork..
The main advantage of this layout is the refrigerator hidden in the closet..
Moreover, the technique should be very compact. Many modern home appliance manufacturers offer consumers a large selection of such models. Almost all equipment can be hidden behind the facades, including the oven. Only the hob remains visible.
When decorating small rooms, it is better to refrain from using bright contrasts – a harmonious color scheme will work much better without sharp transitions.
Shabby, worn walls make an excellent addition to modern finishing materials and stylish furniture. The loft style is not to everyone’s taste, and it must be combined with other rooms in the apartment, so as not to get out of the general concept.
The style in this case is set not by the color, but by the texture of the surfaces of the walls..
The ceiling must be white. It is better if the chandelier is replaced by spot lighting. Particular attention is paid to the diffusion of daylight.
Loft – simplicity and lack of pretentious details. Also suitable, because the room will not be overloaded.
If there is a desire to bring lightness and comfort to the kitchen interior, then Provence will be an excellent choice. The photo shows that the design of the room is harmonious, white color prevails. It’s good if all rooms in the apartment are decorated in the same way..
Provence also goes well with the classic style..
For flooring, it is better to choose natural wood or its high-quality imitation. At the same time, wooden boards can be perfectly combined with light-colored ceramic tiles. The apron in the working area can be made in the form of a mosaic. Family photos in beautiful frames can be an excellent decor on a free wall..
A miniature round table should be located in the center of the kitchen, as seen in the photo. And the window suggests air curtains to the floor.
It is important to pay special attention to the interior of the space considered in this article..
This is the place where all family members will spend enough time. Everyone should be cozy and comfortable here..
VIDEO: Design of a small kitchen 6 sq. m.
50 ideas for modern kitchen design 6 sq. meters: