Showcase for dishes in the living room: a functional interior decoration
The living room is the informal heart of the home. Therefore, close attention is paid to its furnishing. A convenient solution for your tableware collection –showcase for demonstrations dishes in the living room. The variety of furniture offerings for this room raises many design questions. In the living room, they not only communicate, but also eat. Therefore, cabinets with utensils are installed as part of a headset or independently..
Bright living room with a display case for dishes
The traditional showcase is a glass and wood structure. The abundance of glass surfaces creates an elegant and festive mood, while the ceramics and porcelain items displayed inside complement the impression.. In addition to tableware, figurines and other artifacts can also be displayed in the showcase, which will be combined with the main collection..
The traditional showcase is a glass and wood structure
A cabinet with exposed dishes will demonstrate the excellent taste of its owner. This is especially important if the collection contains expensive porcelain or antiques. The service presented in a favorable light playing with all the colors will not stand idle, you will not want to put it in the closet. The hostess will have a reason to get the dishes out of the cupboard and use them for their intended purpose..
Living room with a display case for dishes in a classic style
Advice. If there are small children or animals in the house, purchase models of cabinets where the glazing is made of tempered glass. Then, even in the case of outdoor games in the canteen, the risk of injury will be low..
History of display cases for dishes
Living room in light tones of a large area with a display case for dishes
The predecessor of the modern showcase is the buffet. This type of furniture appeared in France during the late Middle Ages. Initially, the lower part of the cabinet was separated from the upper part by a table with a niche. Cutlery and supplies were stored in internal, closed compartments. And behind the glazed doors were china and silverware..
The predecessor of the modern showcase is the buffet
In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, this type of furniture became more affordable, ceased to be considered an attribute of luxury, intended only for the nobility. Now painted plates, jugs, figurines and even bottles of wine were exhibited here..
Stylish showcase for dishes in the living room as an interior decoration
What are the display cases for dishes
This type of furniture has several varieties, depending on the purpose, location and size of the collection.. Often the living room and dining room are combined, and sometimes the kitchen serves as a living room. Depending on the amount of free space, the type of showcase is determined.
Showcase for dishes in the living room in dark color
The most common types of this furniture:
- Buffet – a standard option for storing dishes. The upper part of the cabinet with glass doors is where dishes and crystal are placed. The lower part of the body has opaque doors. Here you can store both dishes and food.
Living room with a display case for dishes with original doors
- Slide Is a kind of sideboard with glass side walls. If the sets contain many items, this is a very practical option. The upper part is glazed on three sides, the lower part is closed, like a sideboard.
- Corner cabinets are used for several reasons: they mask the corner, like a hard-to-use space in the room, they look interesting, moreover, they allow you to set the dishes diagonally, so that it is viewed from different points of view.
Stylish showcase for dishes for the interior of a modern living room
- Hanging cabinets – convenient if space is limited or the collection of ceramics takes up little space. A big plus is that if there are few items in the closet, attention is focused on them. Such a cabinet requires competent wall mounting. But children and pets are unlikely to be able to accidentally hurt him while playing..
Showcase for dishes in the living room with light walls and high ceilings
- Display cabinets – structures with open glazed or non-glazed shelves. There are original models, where the working surface of the table rests on two glazed floor cabinets, which are showcases.
Display cabinets – constructions with open glazed or unglazed shelves
Materials from which showcases are made
The following materials are used for the manufacture of tableware display furniture:
Modern living room with original and fashionable design
- Wood – traditional material. Showcases are often made in walnut color. Such furniture looks elegant, combined with a classic or baroque style. Carvings enhance the impression.
- MDF – modern inexpensive material, consists of pressed crushed wood, usually used in combination with other materials. Chipboard has a decorative laminated finish
Living room interior with stylish crockery display case with closed shelves
- Chipboard – often used to create budget furniture. It is cheaper than solid wood, heavy, durable, but afraid of moisture.
- Plastic – such models are suitable for the interior in the style of pop art or eclecticism. Plastic models can be bright light green or bright pink and will delight lovers of non-standard solutions.
Bright living room with a display case for dishes
- Forged metal – heavy, durable. Products from it are decorated with decorative forged details, suitable for the style of Provence or eclecticism.
Different styles of showcases
Austere living room with black and white crockery display case
Most of the showcases are produced in classic or baroque style. Such products are richly decorated with carving, bronzing, wood mosaic – marquetry. Manufacturers divide furniture collections into two parts: modern and classic. Furniture with straight shapes without decorations is considered modern, things in the old style with graceful legs, carvings are considered classics.
Living room interior with stylish display case for dishes
It is interesting. Showcases can be with or without doors. If the wardrobe has no doors, things get dusty faster..
Manufacturers divide furniture collections into two parts: modern and classic.
Glass for showcases
The quality of the glass deserves special attention when purchasing. It must be strong, best hardened. Recommended glass thickness – at least four millimeters. If the shelves are glass, they must be able to support the weight of the items stored in the cabinet. Glass can be colored, mirrored, tinted or even patterned.
Living room interior with stylish display case for dishes
Glazing with printed images from your own sketches will add personality to the interior. You can decorate the glass yourself with special stickers that create a stained glass effect.
Advice. If the back wall of the cabinet is with a mirrored surface, the visual effect is created that the dishes are twice as large. Mirrored surfaces reflect light, the space appears brighter.
Living room design in light colors with functional decoration
How to choose showcases for a living room
First of all, decide how much space you will allocate for the cabinet, and what to put there.. If there is a lot of space, you can put a display case in the form of a slide, a sideboard or glazed on four sides to show the exhibits in all their splendor. If space is limited, select a pendant model.
First of all, decide how much space you will allocate for the cabinet, and what to put there..
Showcases are available in various shapes – from standard rectangular or square to intricate. The corner model can be concave or convex. Criteria for choosing a storefront model:
- A lot of free space – free-standing wardrobes from the headset or matching in style with the rest of the furniture. ·
Spacious modern living room with large windows and stylish interiors
- Small room – wall models or on wheels will decorate the room without taking away the already necessary space. ·
- There is an unoccupied corner in the room – corner models are perfect. There are options with a straight or curved facade, different number and height of shelves, and so on. ·
- If paints on ceramics can fade, position the display case so that direct sunlight falls on it..
Bright living room with a large area and stylish interior
Advice. Take a closer look at Italian or Spanish dining furniture collections. Many interesting models made in Germany. Budget options – factory furniture from Russian and Chinese manufacturers.
How to arrange a tableware exhibition
In order to make the exhibits look attractive, follow the rules of their exhibiting:
Stylish living room interior with functional design
- Large vases and teapots are best placed in the background
- Small souvenirs are placed in the forefront ·
- Dishes should be consistent in style, do not place antiques next to African figurines
It is desirable that the style of the closet matches the items in it.. Products with carved legs in the old style are combined with classic porcelain. Ethnic sculpture and dishes in a laconic futuristic style will be in harmony with the model of a wardrobe without decorations, with smooth and straight surfaces.
It is desirable that the style of the closet matches the items in it.
Lighting will noticeably transform the usual wardrobe. Even with the lights off, you can admire the brightly lit display case. LED backlighting can be white or colored. Often blue and other cool colors are used to illuminate glasses and crystal. For traditional sets, lighting with a normal spectrum of light is suitable. Fluorescent lamps are undesirable, they fade paint.
Showcase location in the room
This type of furniture can be installed anywhere. Most often, the showcase is placed against the wall.. A cabinet on the aisle will interfere with movement around the room. But if you want to segment the room, you can put the furniture right in the middle of the room. Such a non-deaf partition allows daylight to pass through, and objects can be reached from both sides..
To add individuality to the interior, you can purchase round or even triangular furniture.. With a wall-mounted display case, lamps on both sides of the cabinet will look unusually impressive, matching in style with the exhibits located on the shelves..
To add individuality to the interior, you can purchase round or even triangular furniture.
Crockery showcases can frame the entrance to the room instead of walls. At the same time, light passes through them, falling into the next room. You can arrange two display cabinets symmetrically, on both sides of the TV or fireplace. It is good if the color of this furniture is repeated in the interior..
Massive showcase for dishes in a bright living room
The color of the exhibits themselves should also be present somewhere in the room. For example, if there is an intense cobalt blue service in the closet, curtains or lampshades that contain blue in the picture can be combined with it..
Advice. If you are an avid collector, it is best to display less expensive items in the collection. Valuables will be better preserved in the safe.
Items on display will not gather dust idle. They can be viewed for hours. Newly arrived guests will have something to do, because getting into an unfamiliar interior, you always want to consider its details.
Showcase for storing dishes
Showcase for dishes in the living room 51 photo ideas: