Features and operating principle of an inverter compressor in a refrigerator, its advantages and disadvantages
A refrigerator is one of the most important elements in the arrangement of any kitchen. When buying, it is important to take into account the many characteristics of the device in order to choose the best option. You need to know what an inverter compressor is in a refrigerator, as this is one of the key components.
The inverter compressor in the refrigerator has smooth operation.
The functionality and longevity of the equipment depend on what parts are installed on the equipment. Before buying, you should know the main characteristics of the chosen equipment..
Features and principle of operation of an inverter compressor in a refrigerator
The inverter compressor is a relatively new invention. The need to apply the development was based on the fact that linear structures ceased to cope with their functional purpose. The creators tried to take all this into account and fix them in the next generation of equipment..
The compressor is the main component of any refrigerator. It is designed to transport the coolant throughout the system. This allows you to maintain the same temperature in the middle of the chamber for a long time..
Refrigerator Inverter Compressor.
When starting, the engine power reaches its maximum value. After that, the speed of the motor is restored and adjusted to the desired parameter..
An important principle of operation of an inverter refrigerator compressor is the ability to set the required temperature. To do this, the user independently marks the necessary parameters on the panel.
In accordance with the specified indicators, the motor begins to accelerate and then operates in its own mode. When the maximum indicator is reached, it slows down and begins to generate a minimum of energy..
after switching on, the inverter refrigerator immediately picks up the desired temperature.
Additional Information. Modern manufacturers claim that this system is the future of technological development in the world of refrigeration units. The largest companies have already switched to the new system a long time ago..
The main points of the compressor operation technology in a refrigeration unit should be considered:
- The user can use the switches to set certain settings. The sensors pick up this signal and transmit it further. It reaches the engine, which triggers it to start. The refrigerant activates the compressor, and it starts to accelerate to the maximum value.
- When the set temperature parameters are reached, the sensor transmits this signal to the motor. After that, it slows down significantly. But the rotation does not stop, it occurs at a lower speed and intensity..
- The coolant starts moving at a lower speed. In this case, the system continues to cool the chamber in the same mode. Therefore, the temperature does not change until the initial settings of the equipment are changed..
- If the door is opened, the sensors pick up the slightest change in temperature and signal that the data is not true. The compressor still continues to run. When a signal is received, the number and speed of revolutions are increased to restore the mode. That is, the system is constantly working, but with different intensity depending on external conditions and incoming signals.
Inverter compressor does not require high electricity consumption.
The linear compressor works in a different way. First, the motor runs at maximum capacity at the appropriate speed. When the desired temperature is reached, it automatically turns off. The sensors are signaling. To control such a system, a relay is installed. When performing a certain action, it goes into an on or off state.
In some cases, it is necessary to install an electricity stabilizer for the normal operation of the inverter compressor..
The main thing is that the principle of operation of the inverter compressor of the refrigerator differs from the usual one, it does not turn off when the desired temperature is reached, but simply goes into a quiet mode with minimal required actions. This reduces the intensity and speed of rotation of the motor blades. The main differences between an inverter motor and a non-inverter motor are listed below:
- Both devices have an inrush current. But the linear compressor will deteriorate faster as it restarts more often..
- There are no special brushes in the inverter on the motor. This reduces the friction force. As a result, the device will work longer than its usual counterpart..
- Inverter equipment uses less electrical energy to operate.
- The load on the power grid is evenly distributed due to the fact that there is no need to constantly turn on or off the motor. Possible malfunctions when using a linear compressor.
- The inverter has a slightly lower accuracy when setting the temperature. This feature is due to the fact that it works continuously.
In inverter refrigerators, food stays fresh longer.
Note! Each of the devices has its own pros and cons. In this regard, the inverter wins, as it shows the best performance results. This device is durable and economical.
Pros and cons of an inverter refrigeration system
The advantages of inverter devices:
- Economical consumption of energy resources. This makes it possible to save almost ten percent on electricity bills. This figure may seem insignificant. With constant use and active operation in cooling mode, the difference is noticeable. There are equipment models that can achieve a high economy class. Accordingly, their price is much higher..
- The equipment is completely safe for wiring. This can be explained by the absence of sharp transitions when turning the device on and off. The blades rotate smoothly, without unnecessary noise. Refrigerators with an inverter can last up to ten years without the intervention of repairmen.
- The equipment works almost silently. Some discomfort will be noticeable only at the time of the first start of the system. After that, no extraneous sounds should be noticeable. There are also no clicks.
- The temperature is kept constant. This result is achieved due to the continuous operation of the equipment. The temperature will never rise above a certain level. Foods last much longer.
Inverter refrigerators run almost silently.
Additional Information. Some inverter refrigerators have a more advanced control system. This is especially true for smart refrigerators..
Some models of equipment running on an inverter motor have the following disadvantages:
- The equipment is economical in terms of electricity, but you will have to spend a lot of money to buy. Modern technology has a corresponding price, which should be taken into account. At the same time, the purchase will fully pay off with longevity and economy..
- Certain types of engines are particularly sensitive to sudden changes in temperature. It may be necessary to install additional controls on the electric meter. There are some refrigerator models that have a built-in system to ensure a smooth transition to standby mode in the event of low or high voltage.
compared to linear motors, inverter motors last much longer.
Additional Information. With all the advantages, these disadvantages are insignificant. Some consumers may be confused by the price, but this is a small price to pay for the performance and reliability of the equipment..
Varieties of compressors for the refrigerator
There are several types of compressors for refrigerators, depending on the principle of their operation..
There are 4 types of refrigerator motors.
Such a system is based on a conventional electric motor. When it rotates, it activates the pump, which in turn begins to pump refrigerant through the pipes. Such devices are typical of old technology. Work takes place either at maximum or at minimum power. Because of this, there are sharp changes in temperature in different areas..
The work is carried out due to the installed electromagnetic coil. There is a piston inside for the pump to work. Due to the absence of a motor, the device operates almost silently and consumes less electricity. The cost of the equipment is much less. Works on or off principle.
The principle of operation of different compressors has some differences..
This is a traditional system found in many refrigerators. The launch is determined by a characteristic click. The main disadvantages are constant load on the network due to reboots, high energy costs, high noise level during operation.
Motor driven compressor. It has a speed control function. This allows you to smoothly regulate the temperature and adjust the power to a certain mode. This allows for significant performance improvements over previous options..
The work is smooth, without abrupt transitions. First, the motor accelerates to maximum speed, providing cooling to the set temperature. Then it slows down and runs in the background until the working conditions change..
There is no motor in the design, and the ability to adjust the speed and frequency of operation is provided. It is currently the most advanced and economical model on the market..
In inverter compressors, constant temperature support is planned..
Possible causes of failure of the inverter system
The considered equipment model has a lot of advantages. It is characterized by a long service life, economy, and noiselessness. In this case, the equipment may fail sooner or later for various reasons..
Inverter processors are extremely sensitive to voltage surges. Buyers often do not take this indicator into account when buying..
The high power level in inverter refrigerators ensures minimal stress on the mechanical elements of the refrigerator.
Check the wiring and outlets prior to purchasing. If there is a problem, appropriate action should be taken. This will set the stage for connecting new equipment and reduce the likelihood of a quick breakdown. Many refrigerators have a standard surge protection system to avoid this problem..
How to check an inverter compressor
To do this, the compressor must be started without an inverter. Light bulbs are connected to it. When you turn on the generator, they should all light up. Otherwise, there is a breakdown.
Inverter compressor test.
Inverter Compressor Advantages and Disadvantages
The main advantages of the equipment:
- economical energy consumption;
- low noise level;
- maintaining a stable temperature;
- safety even with power surges;
- long service life.
- sensitivity to wiring;
- expensive equipment.
Before installing inverter refrigerators, you need to check the sockets and wiring.
Tips for choosing an inverter compressor
When buying a refrigerator with an inverter compressor, you should consider:
- number of parts installed;
- service life guaranteed by the manufacturer;
- noise during work;
- system power and performance.
when buying an inverter refrigerator, attention should be paid to engine power.
Refrigerators with two compressors have appeared on the market. This improves system performance and provides independent cooling in different chambers..