Features of the interior decoration of the living room with green curtains
Many people choose green for interior decoration. Its various shades, from light lemon to deep emerald tone, are always popular at all times. This color evokes associations with young spring grass and nature, and its positive energy can create a pleasant and calm atmosphere in the house. This rich color for curtains looks especially harmonious, enlivening the room and bringing fresh notes to the design..
Green color creates a calm, harmonious atmosphere in the room.
Green curtains on the windows are an excellent solution for creating a comfortable and cozy atmosphere in a living room.
Green for curtains. What shade to choose?
Using green curtains in the interior, it must be borne in mind that this color has a lot of shades, and an incorrectly selected tone can spoil the design idea..
The palette of green shades contains both cold and warm tones.
When choosing curtains for a room, pay attention to the following nuances:
- Illumination of the room. The amount of sunlight that enters through the windows during the day is of great importance for the design decision. Dark curtains are suitable for well-lit areas, and light, lemon or salad colors will look harmonious in a darkened room, where the sun’s rays rarely fall.
Dark curtains made of thick fabric are appropriate in a living room with south-facing windows
- The size of the room. Dark curtains should not be hung in small rooms, as they visually “steal space” and make the room even smaller. A small cozy children’s room or bedroom will be decorated with translucent, light curtains in light colors.
Light green shade will visually enlarge the room
- Basic colors and style of the room. Green curtains need to be properly combined with walls, furniture, carpets and other things in the room. Depending on the chosen style, textiles can be in the same scale with the surrounding objects or serve as a bright color accent, attracting attention and contrasting with the main palette of the room..
Green can be duplicated in furniture upholstery, flooring or wallpaper
- Purpose of the room. Every detail of the interior is selected taking into account what they do in it. If it is for children, then preference should be given to bright or pastel light colors. Green curtains in a noble coniferous or olive shade are suitable for a large fireplace room..
Stylish living room with classic curtains on an open cornice
What room are green curtains best for??
Curtains, tulle or curtains of this color are a versatile option and are perfect for any room, be it a kitchen, nursery, bedroom or living room..
- Kitchen. Juicy green color perfectly promotes appetite, so it is often used when decorating a kitchen. It is better to choose curtains for the kitchen from a practical material that is easy to wash and does not require special care. Suitable shades: light green, lemon, rich olive, light colors. Various patterns, both floral and geometric, look great in the kitchen..
For the kitchen, practical pastel-colored roman blinds would be a good option.
- Children’s. For a child’s bedroom, green is great. Its ability to create a calm yet energetic atmosphere promotes the development of thought processes and better learning. For the nursery, you can use green curtains with funny patterns that will appeal to the baby..
Children’s room with green curtains, bedspread and carpet
- Bedroom. For an adult bedroom, navy, dark green, olive, emerald green fabrics are suitable. These noble shades will create the necessary atmosphere of calmness and tranquility in the room. Too bright green curtains should not be used for the bedroom, but it is better to make sure that they are dense enough and do not let in excess light in the morning. If necessary, you can use a special light-transmitting curtain liner.
In the bedroom, green curtains go well with white light tulle.
- Living room. In the interior of the living room, curtains of this color can be used in a variety of ways. Depending on the design of the room, it can be either bright, contrasting shades of color, or calm, neutral tones. Since the living room is usually the largest room in the house, dark and heavy curtains can be used here, but translucent tulle in combination with large panoramic windows will look very impressive..
Rich emerald curtains will add brightness to the living room interior
Green curtains in the living room interior can be complemented with various decorative elements – lambrequins, laces, frills and bows. Designers use the so-called muslin, which is thin silk threads that fall down like streams of water.
Choosing a fabric for curtains in the living room
In order for the green curtains to look harmonious, it is important not only to choose the right tone, but also to choose the right fabric from which they will be sewn. By their texture, fabrics are very different: thin and dense, smooth and structured, with or without a pattern. The stores offer a huge selection of a wide variety of materials and it is sometimes difficult for the buyer to decide which option is ideal for the design of the room..
When choosing, the composition and density of the fabric is taken into account
The denser the fabric, the richer the green shades look on it.
Translucent curtains and tulle will make the living room interior light and airy.
The living room, unlike the bedroom, where everything should be comfortable and practical, is conducive to experiments, here you can give free rein to your imagination. Luxurious green satin or jacquard curtains will highlight your impeccable taste. These materials are quite dense and heavy, but at the same time soft, which allows them to be laid in beautiful folds. Curtains of this color look gorgeous in a classic or baroque interior. If the owners of the house prefer a modern style with bright details and unusual combinations of textures, then the green color with an interesting print or pattern in a bright color will make the living room original and spectacular..
The windows of this living room are decorated with green curtains in a natural shade, complemented by inserts of brown material, giving a great contrast to the overall textile composition.
When choosing a fabric, you should pay attention to the following aspects:
- Fabric structure. Curtains can be made of natural material or synthetics. The most practical material will be a combination of both types of fibers, since purely natural green materials quickly fade and lose their shape, synthetics are unpleasant to the touch and are inferior to natural materials in aesthetic form..
- Resistant to damage. Some fabrics have a pleasant texture and rich colors, but clues from various types of contacts quickly appear on them. Such options are especially not recommended for families with small children and pets, which can easily touch and damage fabric..
- Ease of care. Before buying curtains, be sure to consult with the seller about the care. It is best if the fabric is easy to wash, iron without problems and does not lose its shape and color after drying.
Thick fabrics such as velvet, brocade, satin and jacquard are used to decorate windows in dark shades
Tulle, organza, satin and voile are suitable for making light translucent curtains
What are green curtains combined with??
There can be a great many combinations in which green colors are appropriate in the interior. Green in the color palette is between yellow and blue, it can be either warm or cold. Thanks to this feature, green curtains can be easily combined with white, brown, blue and blue, yellow and orange. Greens contrast sharply with red, which, if used correctly, can become a highlight of the design. As for the pattern, the most natural and beautiful on the fabric will be a floral ornament. Floral patterns are perfect for the kitchen and living room in an eco-style, which has been at the peak of popularity for a long time..
Green tones go well with brown, white and gray shades
The combination of green and blue is used to create a vibrant, vibrant interior
There are also a lot of materials with which green curtains go well. All shades of this color are in perfect harmony with wood and textiles, creating a natural natural palette. Such curtains have proven themselves well in combination with aluminum and other metals, as well as with glass and stone. Closeness to nature allows you to successfully use various options with all natural materials, without exception..
White tulle and dark green curtains – an example of the classic design of a window opening
Curtains in dark green are best combined with decorative elements of the same shade.
Many designers choose bright greens to create color contrast. The room can be decorated in soothing cream colors, curtains, cushions, carpet or chandelier can be rich green, which gives a feeling of freshness and vitality. This technique is a win-win and is most suitable for a living room, which has more space to play with an unusual color combination..
Bright contrasting combination of green with a red tint
Comfort and harmony in the house
The dull green color promotes relaxation and creates a calm environment. People who are in a room where the primary colors are green are more balanced and peaceful, and in offices decorated with turquoise hues, brain activity and memory are improved..
Bright green curtains will effectively dilute the neutral atmosphere in a minimalist style
Important. You should also be careful with green. Cold shades of this color, although they stimulate thinking, can cause melancholy and despondency if there are too many of them in the room..
Light patterns on curtains in mint shade emphasize the elegance of the classic style
When choosing curtains, you need to focus on the style of living room decoration
Green curtains are good because, letting in bright sunlight, they fill the entire room with a soft natural glow. In this case, the green color creates a natural atmosphere and has a positive effect on the psychological environment in the house or apartment..
Video: green curtains in the home interior
Photo of living rooms with green curtains