Choosing compartment doors for the dressing room with a photo
compartment door in dark colors
If there is a dressing room in the apartment, a completely relevant question arises – how to harmoniously fit it into the interior of the room, not only without violating the combination, but on the contrary improving the design with its help. The correct choice of the door – the compartment to the dressing room will allow it to harmoniously fit into the interior of absolutely any room or apartment. It is worth treating this issue with close attention and approaching the purchase after understanding all the nuances. Such a design will not only save the space of the room, but also give it a certain charm. It all depends on the right choice.
Facade, advantages and disadvantages
compartment door for wardrobe brown
First, let’s look at the material from which the facade can be made. There are several different materials from which doors – coupes are made, they differ among themselves both in technical and operational characteristics, and in price equivalent:
- Chipboard, chipboard, MDF. Differs in its unpretentiousness and low cost. The disadvantage of this type of material is the fear of moisture, since it is a mixture of pressed sawdust and glue covered with a matte or glossy film.
materials for making compartment doors in the dressing room
- Plastic – a great option for a children’s dressing room. Advantage in a large range of colors, relative resistance to mechanical stress (scratches, light impacts), moreover, it can be washed with almost any detergent.
plastic sliding door for wardrobe
- Glass, mirror – in most cases of making a compartment door, shock-resistant glass is used, so you should not immediately say that the child will break it on the first day. Such doors are very beneficial to use in small rooms, as they visually increase the space of the room by reflecting the environment. At the moment, there is a large selection of various designs for such doors..
photo printing on doors for wardrobe
- Photo printing. The image that interests you is applied to the glass. It can be a landscape, images of animals, birds, any other design solution and even a photo chosen by the customer..
compartment door wood
- Trees of valuable species. Doors made of such material look solid, so to speak, officially, but of course they also stand accordingly..
- Bamboo or rattan. Can be called the most environmentally friendly doors, they fit perfectly into the interior of a room made in an eco-style.
- Fur and leather. The choice of such a door for a dressing room is quite a bold decision. Suitable for a room made in a similar design style.
glass doors for dressing room
The most common are glass doors. There are several options for finishing the canvases:
- Corrugated, with various patterns.
glass compartment doors
- Stained glass. Artistic work carried out directly on an individual order. Differ in the quality of the painted surface.
- Sandblasting drawing, pattern. With the help of innovative technology, unique images are produced on glass and mirror surfaces.
sliding sliding doors with patterns in the dressing room
- Decorative colored films. They are glued to the back of the canvas. With the help of them, a gloss, matte shade, shiny surface is created on the door..
- Acrylic. A novelty on the Russian market. Acrylic has increased light transmittance and UV resistance.
varieties of compartment doors for wardrobe
The general term “compartment door” refers to doors that do not open with a swing, but move parallel to the wall surface. There are three main types of such doors:
- Hinged doors – compartment. The name of the species comes from the installation method. The guides are attached to the wall or ceiling, it is along them that the door suspended later moves. They are the most common in the entire class. Ease of use lies in the fact that there are no additional guides or hinges on the floor through which you and your loved ones will stumble.
sliding doors for walk-in closets made of wood
- Hanging doors – coupe. If you compare the photo with the first species, then at first glance you will not find a difference. In this case, the guide is not attached to the ceiling or wall, but to the doorway..
hanging and cassette doors for dressing rooms
- Cassette doors – coupe. This design is the most expensive of all, since the moving folds go deep into the wall. The name comes from the design itself. When opened, the canvases are dispersed into special cassettes mounted in the walls. In them, they are in limbo, equivalent to window curtains. To install such a door, you will need the help of a specialist, because you will have to break two side walls, install guides in them and restore broken walls.
high-tech style wardrobe doors
Design ideas when choosing a design
When choosing a door, you have to choose which one to install? You can choose from single-leaf, double-leaf or cascade. The specific choice depends on several factors:
- The size of the door space;
- Room wall area.
design solutions for compartment doors
When one or two-leaf doors are selected, the leaves move along the surface of the walls when opening. In the case of cascade doors, movement occurs only next to the fixed leaves. If the entrance to your dressing room is large (relative to the size of the walls), then it is most profitable to choose glass or mirror canvases..
Useful information! A mirrored sash visually enlarges the space of a room, and a glass sash makes the room more voluminous..
Advantages and disadvantages
advantages and disadvantages of compartment doors for dressing room
Any solution has its own advantages and disadvantages, as well as with the choice of a door for a dressing room – a wardrobe. Let’s first look at the benefits of this choice:
- Space saving. This issue is especially relevant in small apartments. You don’t have to think about whether there is enough room to fully open the door.
how to choose mirrored sliding doors for the dressing room
- Interesting design look. Doors – a compartment is the most suitable option in order to give the room a complete look due to them. For example, you can install a canvas with a photo – print, thereby giving it a kind of individuality. It is the compartment doors that are distinguished by their bright design, with the help of which you can additionally highlight the uniqueness of your home..
compartment doors with photo printing to the dressing room
- Child safety. Every parent will understand this without decoding. Small children very often, playing or running around the house, bump their foreheads into open doors. In addition, with such a closing mechanism, the clamping of a child’s finger between the opening and the door leaf is excluded..
compartment doors are made of chipboard for the dressing room
- Easy installation. In order to carry out the installation of a door for your room – a cabinet, no additional skills and tools are required. The size of the structure can be ordered directly by the opening, so you don’t have to break or finish anything. In addition, in the event of a breakdown of an element, it is possible to order it separately.
- Due to its design, the sash will not open from drafts in the room.
positive characteristics of doors for the dressing room
Here are some of the positive characteristics of such doors, now let’s look at the negative factors:
- Sound when opening – closing the door. When the canvas moves, a rustle is heard. You will no longer be able to get dressed early in the morning without waking anyone out of the room. And sleep is especially sensitive in the morning hours..
- Lack of tightness. Doors of this type have poor vapor and smoke insulation, unlike conventional hinged doors. Therefore, when planning a wardrobe – dressing room, try to place it away from the kitchen..
sliding doors with a designer pattern for the dressing room
- With frequent use, the mechanism loosens. In addition, cheap structures made of glass or mirrors are not at all durable, often the glass in them is of very low quality. But in contradiction it is worth noticing again, the design is one big constructor, so you can easily replace a failed part with a new one of suitable quality.
sliding doors for dressing room
- If during operation you break the handle, there is little likelihood that you will find a similar replacement for it.
- Cabinet working volume decreases due to the presence of guides. For example – the depth of the dressing room is 45 cm from the outside, the inside will be no more than 37 cm.
- Price this design is more expensive than conventional swing doors.
the cost of doors for the dressing room
Have you decided to install not a wardrobe in your apartment, but to make a dressing room with built-in doors – a compartment? Then it is worth knowing some of the nuances associated with their installation, acquisition and technical characteristics..
- Such systems are installed directly into the wall, the edges are then covered with plasterboard. Therefore, the best time to install is when the room is being renovated..
pvc sliding doors to the dressing room
- When buying or ordering, pay attention to the quality of the fittings on which the doors will be located. The best option would be an aluminum guide and metal bearings. The choice of such material will guarantee that the door will not fall after a year of operation, as a result of erasing the plastic elements..
how to install plastic sliding doors for dressing room
- Is there a lock on the door? When choosing, it is worth considering that an ordinary lock will not work. There are special locks for compartment doors.
- The choice of material, canvas design depends on the design of the room. For example, in the living room, it is quite possible to place doors with a photo – image. Children’s room, respectively, a drawing, a photograph of children’s subjects, and so on.
sliding doors for dressing room
The use of such doors in your home is a sign of how to give each apartment or house its own individuality with the help of innovative technologies. To do this, it is enough to have a good imagination, or at worst, the Internet, with which you can choose the picture or photo you like..
Before ordering, weigh all the pros – cons, decide on the design of the room and door leaves. Only after carefully weighing all the arguments should you make a final decision..