How to choose decorative curtains in a doorway?
Decorative curtains on the doorway are an excellent option for decorating a room and a good solution for a small room. Such curtains will not only serve as an element of decor, but also visually expand the space..
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the advantages of decorative curtains are the most significant.
- Transformation of the interior (due to the appearance of decorative curtains, it becomes possible to add a special zest to the interior of the room, and the whole apartment).
- Savings (curtains will come out much cheaper than full-fledged doors – ideal for a budgetary transformation of a room).
- Adaptability to any shape of the doorway (curtains are able to adapt to the opening of a geometric or complex free shape).
- The possibility of self-production (this is not so difficult and will allow you to express your individuality in the product).
- A wide range of materials (the production of decorative curtains is made from a variety of materials: wood, plastic, textiles, bamboo, straw).
- Visual increase in space (a decorative partition in the form of curtains, allows you to deceive the eye and visually expand the room).
- Practicality (curtains do not take up extra space, which makes it possible to use free space with benefit).
Roller blinds are perfect for a doorway
There are a lot of types of curtains, it will not be difficult to find suitable ones
It is a great idea to hang curtains in the doorway.
There are very few disadvantages of using curtains, which is an additional advantage of such curtains..
- Inadequate insulation of rooms (lack of: privacy, heat and sound insulation; penetration of foreign odors into the room).
- Limited scope (curtains as a partition are not suitable for a bedroom, study, bathroom).
- Partitions on the doorway made of beads, threads or wooden elements often get tangled, which is not very practical and pleasant.
Dense filament curtains will harmoniously complement the interior
The photo shows 3 options for curtains in the doorway
Varieties of curtains on the doorway
Decorative curtains come in different types, so you can choose any option that suits a particular style of interior and complements it. Also, a wide selection allows you to find curtains that match the functionality of the room..
The presented table and photo shows the types of curtains, the advantages and disadvantages of which each of them has.
Made from bamboo. Available in natural wood color, painted or simply varnished.
Made in the form of beads, tubes, bamboo pieces (of different lengths and widths).
Natural hypoallergenic material.
Suitable for almost any interior style.
Complement wood furniture.
Unpretentious in care.
Possibility to choose a curtain option at a suitable price.
Difficult to mount.
There are various types of products: curtains, roller shutters, curtains with magnets, curtains made of threads.
Allow to create coziness.
Ease of selection of curtains and do-it-yourself production.
Economical (any leftover fabric is suitable for manufacturing).
The advantage of magnetic curtains, due to the full insulation of the opening, over other curtains.
Impractical to clean (all curtain parts must be removed and washed).
The fabric will fade from exposure to ultraviolet rays.
Beaded curtains are made of plastic, glass, wood.
Shells, buttons are also suitable.
They are made out in large details (but small ones can also be added).
Perform a decorative function, add charm to the interior.
Do it yourself, which makes the product unique.
Few places of application of curtains.
Plastic curtains fade, become brittle due to exposure to sunlight, have low strength.
Filament curtains in the doorway can be tucked as in the photo
Filament curtains in the doorway look very beautiful
You can hang curtains on the door
The solid canvas curtain is the latest design trend. It is usually made of dense fabric of any shade. They protect well from the penetration of sunlight and prying eyes. They are able to transfer them to the culture of eastern countries and make them feel like residents of the Middle Kingdom. Examples are shown in the photo below..
Filament curtains in the doorway will perfectly complement the interior of the room
Curtains near the doors will perfectly complement the decor of the room.
Curtains made of glass beads and beads fascinating decor for the interior
Decorating the doorway with glass beads curtains, you can add sophistication and individuality to the room, surprise friends and guests with an interesting design solution. It is best to hang beads and other glass elements at different heights in a chaotic or checkerboard pattern..
Attaching elements that create an arch in their appearance is also suitable, that is, the length of the threads from the middle of the doorway to the walls will increase. This will be practical, since the curtain will not interfere when moving from one room to another..
You can hang curtains in the doorway. They should be combined with the interior of the room.
Curtains in the doorway will become a highlight of the interior
Curtains can be hung not only on the windows, but also on the doorway
A variety of types of bugles will delight every lover of decorative highlights:
They come in different shapes from the usual spherical to the shape of a cube, oval, cylinder and many others. In the photo you can consider options for partitions made of glass beads.
To decorate the interior, you can use these curtains in the doorway
You can hang curtains in the doorway, they will perfectly complement the interior
Door blinds complement the design
There are many options in which curtains will transform the interior of the room, among them:
- will be the framing of the door in the corridor;
- will serve as a continuation of the room;
- as a partition in a children’s room;
- for dividing combined rooms (living room, kitchen).
The design of the room will perfectly complement the thread curtains with beads
Filament curtains will be a great option for decorating a room.
You can hang curtains on the door, it will look very unusual
Do-it-yourself decorative curtains
It is not difficult to make curtains for a doorway on your own. They can be made from:
- threads (an easy option is to collect threads on the cornice and fasten with rings or beads);
- fabrics (cut strips of the same width and length, sew on a typewriter or by hand, attach to the cornice with threads or Velcro);
- wood (ready-made wooden beads or blocks strung on a fishing line or fastened together with metal clips);
- plastic (more often, these are beads, of different sizes and colors, which are strung at different heights).
Curtains made of threads in the doorway will look very beautiful
3 options for decorative curtains on the doorway
An example of making curtains from threads
You will need silk or viscose threads, they will be suitable from twine or polyester. In addition to the base, you can use beads, rings, brushes. Before weaving the curtain, you need to accurately measure the doorway. Also determine the distance between the threads. The cornice can be made of any material, since the curtains will not turn out to be heavy, a plastic or wooden strip is suitable.
Threads are fastened in several ways.
- Holes are drilled in the bar, into which threads are threaded and fixed with knots.
- In advance, the double length of the threads is measured, which are folded in half, pounced on the bar and pulled through the formed loop. The easiest mounting option.
Curtains near the doors will perfectly complement the decor of the room.
Such curtains will be an excellent decoration of the room.
You can hang roller blinds instead of doors
What are they sewn from?
Curtains can be sewn from any fabric. Both light and heavy fabric will do, for example, the first will look good in a modern style, and the second in a classic one. Lush, multi-layer curtains with lambrequins, which emphasize the high ceiling and stucco molding, are suitable for the classic style.
How to choose the right cornice for decorative curtains?
The type of curtain rod for curtains directly depends on the material from which they are made.
- If these are wooden curtains, the cornice, accordingly, will also be made of wood. This will not guarantee the strength of the fastening and will emphasize the selected rustic style of the interior (Provence, chalet, country).
- For the modern style, a chrome-plated metal strip is suitable. For example, as in the photo – blinds.
- The white plank is well suited for urban modern style, does not stand out among the common white frames. The photo shows plastic curtains.
The curtains on the doorway will look very beautiful.
Thread curtains will perfectly complement the interior of the room
Also, the cornice is of the following types:
- ceiling three-row;
- whole wall cornice.
Functionality of decorative curtains
Textile roller blinds are excellent protection against drafts and the scorching sun. They create light privacy and hide from the presence of other inhabitants of an apartment or house. They also divide the room into zones, while not stealing the space of the room. Can be a continuation of the wall, for example, be made in the same color scheme. The presented photos successfully show the functionality of air doors..
Video: Filament curtains in the doorway
50 photos of options for using decorative curtains in the doorway: