Kitchen renovation, interior design and decoration
The kitchen is the place where the whole family gathers for meals. Many housewives spend a lot of time there. Therefore, it is important to make the premises practical, comfortable and beautiful. By organizing the space correctly, you can get a cozy and functional place..
Housewives spend most of their time in the kitchen
The kitchen needs to be made beautiful, convenient and practical.
Proper organization of space plays an important role in kitchen design.
Types of kitchen design
The ideal option would be the one where the space remains as free as possible. This will allow you to move freely around the kitchen, there will be a feeling of spaciousness. Popular designs are shown in the table.
Single row kitchen
An excellent solution for small spaces. The working area is located on one side, the second serves for eating.
To save more work space, place the stove and sink on one side, and put a refrigerator opposite.
Allows you to adjust the distance between surfaces. Therefore, the design is suitable for any space..
Work surfaces are placed along three walls. Therefore, it is worth using a similar option in large spaces. It is important to respect all parameters. The length of the back wall must be at least 2.5 meters.
It consists in the ability to separate the kitchen from the dining room. You can use a stove or cabinet with a sink.
Suitable for large spaces only. Is to use the padding in the center. Base is L- or U-shaped.
There should be no unnecessary items in the kitchen
Choosing the right design for the kitchen is not difficult.
Japanese precision or Scandinavian comfort – how not to miss the design?
Japanese style in the kitchen reflects simple geometric shapes and contrasts. The key features are the maximum of natural materials, naturalness, simplicity. Particular attention is paid to detail. Japanese has a number of characteristics, including:
- the items used are multifunctional;
- harmony between all the details;
- maximum free space.
The kitchen should have as much free space as possible.
It is advisable to use furniture from natural materials.
All furniture should be multifunctional
Add national flavor. You can use sliding doors at the entrance or in the lockers. Maximize space utilization and save space.
Scandinavian is distinguished by the simplicity of geometric shapes, the use of natural materials and the use of light, mainly cold tones. This allows the style to remain original. Great for the kitchen, regardless of its size. Scandinavian has several important features.
- Light shades with small bright details prevail.
- Maximum lighting sources. Natural and artificial light suitable.
- Using natural materials.
- Strict forms in design.
- All items are as functional as possible.
- A lot of free space, the use of a minimum of decorative elements.
The tree in the interior of the kitchen looks very beautiful and modern
There should be enough light in the kitchen
Small kitchen – a punishment or a gift from apartment planners?
A small kitchen often becomes a headache for the owners. After all, it is not easy to combine practicality and beauty. In order to accommodate everything you need and not be crowded, it is important to think carefully about everything.
The organization of the dining space is influenced by the number of people. If there are only two and no children, a folding table mounted on the wall will fit perfectly. If this option does not suit you, you can place a tiny table for two or install a large folding model in the living room. Then family members and guests will fit behind it..
An important point is the organization of the working area. Make the most of the two-in-one technique. Discard those products that you can easily do without. Do not post what you will use once a year. Buy only what you need.
It will not be difficult to make a comfortable and practical dining room out of a small kitchen.
For the correct organization of space, use the recommendations of specialists
The kitchen should only have work furniture, you should not place items that you use very rarely
Pioneer past: radically changing the kitchen in Khrushchev
Designers advise choosing a light palette for the kitchen in Khrushchev. Refers to not only decoration, but also furniture. This will visually make the room freer and more spacious. Visually improve the effect of glossy surfaces and the use of glass. Come up with lighting. Place lights on different levels. There must be natural light.
Perfectly increase the space of the mirrors. Choose for them the wall opposite the window. We’ll have to spend money to modernize the interior. Perhaps you need to transfer communications and contact professionals for the correct organization of the space.
For a small kitchen, it is better to use light shades.
The kitchen must have natural light.
Corner kitchen design – elegant perfection
This layout is popular with small kitchen owners. After learning more about its benefits, you can make sure that it is suitable for large rooms. Corner kitchens have the following advantages:
- Compactness. They take up little space, which allows them to be placed in small-sized kitchens;
- Ergonomic The corner version forms a triangle, which includes a sink, refrigerator and stove. This distribution is classic and very convenient;
- Division of space. The triangle divides the area into several functional areas.
The corner kitchen is practical. Allows you to use every square meter, which is especially important in small rooms. In addition to the sink in the corner, you can place the hob.
Corner kitchens are great for small spaces, they are compact and do not take up much space.
Usually in small kitchens I use an L-shaped layout.
Every meter needs to be used as efficiently as possible
Provence style scandinavian kitchen design
It remains popular for many years. Allows you to achieve the creation of home comfort. If warmth is one of the important design criteria, Provence will suit you. Distinctive features are:
- Using natural materials such as wood and natural stone;
- Warm terracotta;
- Dull metal applications.
Be sure to use various floral mosaics, prints. This will fill the kitchen with the warm atmosphere of Provence. The color palette is muted, pastel shades.
For small spaces, a modern style is more suitable.
Black color in the interior of the kitchen will give it rigor.
Kitchen expansion options
Small kitchens can be difficult to enlarge. But if you think over everything carefully, use a few effective tricks, you can slightly increase the free space. The options are as follows.
- Furniture. Place it linearly or L-shaped. There is little space, so make the most of everything. The windowsill can become a work area. Doors near lockers choose sliding doors.
- Facade. Refuse any drawings and decorative elements Facades should be laconic and strict.
- Technique. Choose functional models that combine several functions. Discard items that are not necessary. A 4-burner hob is not required if you are using only 2 cooking zones. The microwave can be hidden in the cupboard, and not placed in the work area, where it will take up unnecessary space.
- Light and mirrors. Choose pieces of furniture with a mirrored design. You can place mirrors on the walls. Let there be a chandelier in the dining area. Spotlights can be made in the work area.
It is better to place furniture in a linear or L-shaped manner.
The technique is recommended to use multifunctional
Using the advice of professionals, you can slightly enlarge the room.
Several functional ideas for the renovation and arrangement of the kitchen
To save space and make good use of the available space, you can implement the following ideas.
- Working with color. Avoid too bright colors, dark shades and coatings with a large pattern. Light palette will expand the space and fill it with light.
- Use of the entire space. Wall cabinets should be as high as possible. This will allow you to place everything you need and use the space at the top of the room. The window sill is suitable for extending the working area.
- Redevelopment. One of the most effective and obvious ways to enlarge the kitchen is to connect it with the adjacent room. You can intelligently organize your dining room, living room and work area. But approval for such actions and repairs will be required..
Use light colors, they can visually increase the space
You can peep ideas for arranging a kitchen on the Internet.
How to choose kitchen furniture
When choosing furniture, consider the following.
- When choosing models and shades of countertops and cabinets, keep in mind that many furniture stores use special lighting. Therefore, the facades look somewhat lighter than in a normal setting. This must be taken into account if you want to choose the required tone..
- Decide on the material. Facades are made of glass, wood, MDF. There are plastic and aluminum.
- Keep in mind that wooden facades are mostly made in natural shades. Taking care of the product is not easy. But such models look beautiful and environmentally friendly..
In addition, pay attention to the quality of the product. How well the doors open, whether there are any scratches or chips.
50 photos of kitchen design ideas: