Features of the interior design of the living room 25 sq. m.
Living room with an area of 25 sq. m. is a fairly spacious room, suitable for the implementation of any design ideas. However, the large size of this room is far from being a guarantee of success. To make the apartment stylish and comfortable, you need to decide on the style and layout of the room, correctly draw up a color composition and take into account many other important details.
Color zoning is a very popular way to separate rooms.
The living room can be combined with the bedroom
Mustard color in the living room interior will give warmth and lightness
Assessing the situation
When planning an interior, you should pay attention to the features of this room:
- The shape of the living room. With rectangular or square rooms, the designer is unlikely to have any problems. But a narrow elongated living room of a large size, reminiscent of a corridor, will significantly limit the range of available design techniques.
- Lighting. A well-lit interior looks bright and positive and does not impose absolutely any preconditions on the project. Lack of natural light, on the other hand, is a lot. In this case, it is recommended to make the walls light, minimize the amount of furniture, give preference to compact interior items.
Decorative stone can be used to create an accent wall
The wood in the interior looks beautiful and modern
- Ceiling height. This parameter is of great importance in creating an interior composition. A low ceiling in a large living room requires equalization of proportions, so it becomes necessary to visually raise it. If the distance between the floor and the ceiling is sufficient, then these difficulties can be forgotten. You can safely hang bulky chandeliers and not be afraid of using multi-tiered structures.
- Additional architectural elements. Beating ledges, columns and niches is not an easy task, therefore, if they are available, it is better to entrust the design to professionals.
Ceiling lighting will highlight new lines
An accent wall can be created with decorative stone
Black color in the interior looks chic and modern
Deciding on the layout
Living room with an area of 25 sq. m. is capable of performing completely different tasks. It can be used only as a place for rest and meeting of guests, and can include functions of other rooms. This effect is achieved through the zoning of the room, which has both pros and cons:
The ability to turn one room into several without large-scale renovation and significant costs
The risk of cluttering up the space
Creating a visually spacious room
Complexity of registration
A budget option for a change of scenery
Possibility of reduced functionality
Before dividing the living room into zones, you should decide on their number. The decision depends on the total number of rooms in the house. If the apartment is multi-room, then the combination will not make sense. In a studio apartment, you will have to make room and place a kitchen, dining room and bedroom in the living room.
White sofa will perfectly complement the interior of the living room
The living room design is made in a modern style
The most popular is the combination of a living room with a kitchen. The division of the room into functional zones in this case is usually carried out in one of the following ways.
- With various floor coverings. At the same time, the color or material of the floor should be different, and the stylistic unity should remain unchanged..
- Bar counter. The perfect compromise between functionality and style.
- The dining table. The proximity of the dining table to the kitchen is another point to convenience and rationality..
- Kitchen island. Choosing this method, you should pay special attention to the presence of a powerful kitchen hood, otherwise the smells from the table will immediately spread into the hall..
- Arches and partitions. The most costly and radical way. In the case of using a sliding partition, it allows you to completely separate one room from another.
Light colors can visually make the room look larger.
The living room can be combined with the kitchen
Additional lighting of the ceiling will be a great addition to the decor.
We divide the room into zones without a partition
It is possible to separate the kitchen from the hall without using any furniture. There are tricks in design that allow you to do this, leaving the center of the room completely free..
This is a game of contrast. One of the walls is painted in the opposite color to the main one. At the same time, he must necessarily be played up with other interior items. Often this move is used in the kitchen near the stove. It is this wall that is most often lined with contrasting darker tiles..
With the help of the ceiling
The method is pretty simple. Use a ceiling in the kitchen that is different from the ceiling in the living room in color or texture, and leave the floor general. So the necessary area will be highlighted, and the style of the room will not be violated. At the same time, the design will look harmonious..
A small elevation with a height of about 40 cm can not only divide the living room into zones, but also play the role of a secret tabletop, and also hide a pull-out sleeping place.
The combination of dark and light colors in the interior looks beautiful
For the correct color selection, you can use the color wheel
Difference of textures
This method is based on visual effects and is quite difficult to implement. Its essence lies in the fact that glossy surfaces prevail in the kitchen, and matte in the living room due to textiles and upholstery. Thus, the division of the room into zones becomes obvious..
Calculating the pros and cons
A kitchen combined with a living room is a rather bold and unusual solution. It looks very modern and stylish, and the removed wall allows you to significantly increase the space..
However, there are also disadvantages here:
- Smells from the kitchen will penetrate into the living room;
- The noise of kitchen appliances will disturb those who are resting in the hall;
- The room will become much more dirty.
On the other hand, the hostess will become much closer to the family. Now, all the time that she spent in the kitchen, she can be close to her husband and children..
A white sofa in the middle of the room will perfectly complement the interior of the living room.
The wood in the interior looks very beautiful and modern
The design of the living room is made in the same style and color
We develop the design of an elongated kitchen-living room
The placement of an irregular elongated shape somewhat complicates the design, but zoning comes to the rescue again. This time, designers recommend using furniture deployed across the room for this purpose. These can be sofas or armchairs, as well as dining tables..
IMPORTANT! Before you expose the back of your furniture, make sure it is in perfect condition..
An elongated kitchen-living room should be decorated in the same style and harmoniously combine the color of the rooms with each other. The general stylistic space visually makes the room even larger.
Flowers will look very beautiful in the living room in the style of minimalism.
Living room design with fireplace
For a long and narrow room, designers recommend a high-tech style, the main materials of which are plastic, metal and glass. In this case, you can zone the room with the help of spotlights. This is convenient because you do not have to clutter up the apartment by placing furniture across the room..
At the same time, the kitchen set can be positioned in several ways.
- In one row. With this arrangement, the headsets will take the short side, and along the long wall there will be space for a table or seating area.
- In two rows. It can be located along long walls, leaving a passage in the middle, or it can be placed across the room, dividing it into zones. Then replace the table with a bar counter and dishes can be served directly from the stove..
- Corner. Corner kitchen furniture is ideal for small kitchens. Choose the most functional and compact models.
- In the shape of the letter G. Place the island separating the kitchen area closer to the living room, and everything else – U-shaped along the walls.
- In the shape of the letter P. In narrow rooms it is used only when replacing one of the sides with a bar counter.
The design of the living room is made in one color scheme
Ceiling illumination in a white living room will look very beautiful.
Design of a modern living room in the style of minimalism
We decorate the room in the style of minimalism
The secret to successfully applying minimalism is choosing the right background. This style implies modesty and simplicity: a small set of furniture, minimal decor, restrained colors. All this attracts attention not to specific details of the interior, but to the overall picture. Here the walls start to catch your eye, so they should look perfect. The same rule applies to floors and ceilings..
Another principle of minimalism is monochrome. Don’t use a wide color palette. Most often only two or three colors are used..
- There are other features of this restrained and concise style..
- Cork or parquet flooring.
- Exceptionally white ceiling.
- Strict and functional furniture.
- Compact or built-in technology.
- Neat fittings and handles.
Design of a bright round living room
The living room design is made in one color scheme
This seemingly simple style looks very impressive, emphasizing the originality and good taste of the owners..
For the kitchen, a living room of 25 sq. m. there are many techniques and ways to make it beautiful and functional, while saving both money and time. Moreover, you can create an ideal combined room by your own efforts, without resorting to the help of designers..
50 photos of design ideas for a living room of 25 sq.m .: