We create a practical, stylish design for a studio apartment of 25 sq. m.
One of the most demanded types of real estate is studio apartments. They are popular with young people. For little money, young people, families without children can buy comfortable, spacious housing. Such apartments represent an integral space, unlimited by additional walls. Make a small dwelling of 25 sq. m functional, practical is not so easy. To do this, it is necessary to apply modern zoning methods, advice from professional designers. The most useful recommendations can be found in this publication..
A studio apartment with an area of 25 squares, of course not a mansion, but you can live here quite comfortably
The first step in arranging a studio apartment is to create an interior project.
The design project will allow you to see the future interior before the start of the renovation
Important. A pre-created plan will significantly improve the quality of the repair, reduce the time it takes to complete it..
It will be easier to place furniture on the diagram from the size.
When creating a project, it is imperative to have certain technical papers. The technical plan will show where the main communications are located. You can get it in the ZhEK (e). Based on such a plan, you can build a detailed project on a piece of plain paper. In it you need to indicate the exact location of outlets, communications, mark the position of furniture, interior zones.
Zoning the space correctly
Ideally, a 25 sq m studio design should include several main areas: a kitchen, a work area, an entrance hall, a bedroom, and a sanitary area. Each of the zones must be separated from the other. This can be done in different ways..
Zoning with a glass partition
The most popular are discussed in more detail in the table:
|Partition||It can be built from glass, brick, drywall. The simplest option is drywall. The construction of such a structure does not require a special permit, high material and physical costs.|
|Furniture||It is better to zone a small space with open-type furniture. Pass-through shelving is ideal. It will separate zones, accommodate certain things, and will not take up much space..|
|Screen||A good way to separate the sleeping area at night. You can hide the screen during the day.|
|Finishing||You can separate the kitchen from the living room-bedroom by using different finishing materials and colors. It is better to use tiles in the kitchen, in the living part of the room – wallpaper, decorative plaster, paint.|
It is convenient to separate the sleeping area during sleep with a screen, which is easy to clean during the day
Open plan: all for, against
The use of capital partitions does not always make the interior of a studio 25 squares attractive. Sometimes such designs are too burdensome for the space. Open plan is in vogue today. It allows you to make repairs with minimal costs, implement many original ideas, effectively use quadrature.
An open floor plan would be the perfect solution for a bachelor’s apartment
The open plan is ideal for single people, young families without children. In a studio apartment, it is enough to equip only a kitchen, a bedroom for a comfortable stay. The number and type of zones will depend only on the characteristics of the owners’ lifestyle.
The privacy problem can be solved with a sliding partition
A significant drawback of an open plan is the almost complete lack of privacy. If several people live in a studio apartment, such a need will certainly appear. You can solve this problem by purchasing a mobile Japanese screen. It is inexpensive, easily fits in a large wardrobe, on the balcony.
The second tier is a rational solution in case of a lack of space
If the design of a studio apartment of 25 sq m is being developed for a young family with a child, you must definitely take care of the correct arrangement of the room for the baby. It is unlikely that it will be possible to carve out a place under normal conditions. In this case, the rational solution would be to build the second tier.
It is possible to arrange a more or less full-fledged second tier with a ceiling height above 3.5 meters
The advantages of this solution are obvious:
- Expansion of usable area.
- The ability to equip a separate room for the baby (this is necessary when the baby reaches the age of four).
- Saving. For little money, you can get a two-room apartment. This is a great solution for a young family for the first time..
- Originality of the interior – bunk studio apartments always look unusual.
Most often, the bedroom is set up upstairs.
However, the second tier has several disadvantages. For its construction, you need to make sure that the building is safe. It is not always possible to build a second tier. It also requires large material costs. But the costs are much lower than purchasing a full-fledged two-room apartment.
It is difficult to imagine a practical, attractive design of a studio apartment of 25 sq m without compact, multifunctional furniture. Furniture structures, the correctness of their choice play a huge role in the design of a small apartment.
Convertible furniture in various designs helps a lot to save space
Useful tips when choosing furniture for the interior of a studio apartment:
- The sleeping area should be equipped with a transforming bed, a sofa bed.
- If a place is provided for receiving guests, it is better to decorate it with upholstered furniture with low backs. A few rounded poufs, a small coffee table on wheels is enough.
- Household appliances should be purchased built-in type. This will significantly save space in the kitchen area..
- The kitchen set should be small, include only the necessary elements. Extra lockers, shelves are better not to buy.
- To make the design of a studio apartment of 25 square meters harmonious will allow the choice of furniture in a single style direction. This is especially important in an open-plan home. The style should be as simple as possible, uncomplicated..
Sliding wardrobe can serve as a space divider
Studio apartment in loft style
Studio apartments are often chosen by young, single people, students. They will like the functional, as simple as possible, fresh design of the studio 25 sq. The loft style fully meets these requirements:
- Light colors in the ceiling decoration. The ideal solution would be to paint the ceiling with white paint. You can also install a glossy white stretch ceiling. He will visually make the room higher, make it possible to equip additional lighting.
You can decorate a loft-style ceiling using a metal mesh stretched between wooden beams
- Brickwork. Imitation of brickwork can be used to decorate one of the walls.
The brick will also look good at the base of the bar
- Simple furniture with regular shapes. Furniture can have glass, metal elements. It should be compact, not have too bright details..
Dining area with simple chairs and a small round table
- Unmasked communications. Pipes, gas water heater, battery can not be hidden in furniture, not masked with a drywall box.
Exposed ceiling wiring adds style
- The use of stone, wood in the interior. Natural materials are safe for health, look expensive, retain their attractive appearance for a long time.
Specially aged boards are laid on the floor
Using the Scandinavian style
The laconic design of the studio apartment will come out using the Scandinavian style. This interior solution is suitable for middle-aged people. This is a strict, restrained style. It is characterized by an abundance of white in the finish. Ceiling, decorative cornice, sometimes walls are made white. So that the ceiling does not merge with the walls, they can be decorated with a small ornament. The plumbing unit can be decorated more brightly using azure, green colors.
The pure white color, typical of the Nordic style of interior decoration, gives a sense of spaciousness and freedom
Wooden elements complement the style and create a mood
Scandinavian style should have a lot of wood. The tree should be chosen in a light color. They decorate the kitchen countertop, doorways, dining area. The upholstered furniture of a studio apartment should also be light, have a simple shape. A folding sofa of a milky shade will perfectly fit into the space. At night it will act as a bed, during the day as a guest sofa..
Two lamps on wires highlight the dining area
The hallway is made in less soiled dark colors
There should be few decorative elements in the interior. You can limit yourself to a few paintings, a beautiful vase with fresh flowers. An important point is the issue of lighting the space. There should be a lot of it in the Scandinavian style. For lighting, you should use recessed spots, ordinary lamps, spotlights built into furniture, ceiling structures.
The elegant design of a studio apartment of 25 square meters can be obtained using the minimalism style. When choosing this style, be sure to heed the following guidelines:
- The color palette of the interior should consist of white, gray shades. Light gamma will make it possible to visually enlarge the space.
- It is better to replace the wallpaper with paint. Paints come in different shades and can be easily applied to the walls yourself. The most important condition for using paint is an absolutely flat surface. The walls will need to be pre-aligned.
- The minimalistic design of a studio apartment of 25 square meters will emphasize oak parquet. It is better to install it in the sleeping area. In the hallway, in the kitchen, it is advisable to use a more practical coating. Floor tiles work well.
- The illumination of the space should be excellent. One ceiling chandelier is definitely not enough. Lighting devices should be located above all working, dining surfaces.
An example of a comfortable interior design
Apartment plan and furniture arrangement
The kitchen is separated from the living room by a small partition made of glass blocks
The minimum amount of furniture – only the most necessary
The interior is designed in a calm gray shade
Yellow accents successfully dilute the monotonous interior
Video review of a studio apartment with an area of 25 squares
Photos of practical interiors