The interior of the suburban area: the rules of ergonomics
string (0) "" string (0) ""
As a general rule, it is considered: the interior of the cottage is an artistically designed space, however, each owner of a suburban garden plot presents the interior of the cottage in his own way, based on personal desires.
A garden is a small island of nature, created according to the idea of a man on his own piece of land.
Someone makes most of the garden, leaving only a small nook for a grill and a gazebo, someone turns the entire area into a resting place with a green lawn and beautiful bright flowers.
Development of a work plan
When creating an ergonomic summer cottage interior, you need to determine the following points:
- What is the sunniest part of the garden? Which one is in the shadows? It depends on where it is better to plant certain flowers (some varieties like shade, others like the sun), where to put a gazebo or, for example, to break a small playground.
- What can’t you refuse? Initially, you wanted to build a country house, two sheds, a bathhouse, a gazebo and a garage? Rarely, desires coincide with the size of summer cottages, so it is worth deciding what cannot be refused, how to place, taking into account the climatic factors affecting the zones of the summer cottage space.
- Do you need a vegetable garden? The dacha, from a place where people came to plant potatoes, imperceptibly turned into a country house for rest. If the decision is made: a vegetable garden is not needed – great, more flowers and a green lawn.
If the area is very small, you will have to limit yourself to a recreation area and plants in containers
Garden plot style
The style of the garden is quite difficult to define – rarely the owners adhere to a certain direction. There are three popular directions:
- Modern (modern). The main rule of a modern dacha is a harmonious combination of colors and shapes. This style is a mix of a little bit of everything – wicker furniture, paths lined with stones, which is typical of the East, and large European terraces..
Open space, flowing lines and laconic details – all this distinguishes Art Nouveau from other landscape styles.
- Oriental. The specified direction is characterized by the use of pebbles, crushed stone (the more, the better). In the “oriental” exteriors, it is not uncommon for large stones with bushes to grow. Garden paths are also lined with large flat stones; to achieve harmony, you just need to put a small fountain.
The attributes of a Japanese garden are moss, stone, tranquility and peace. There are no sharp colors and unnecessary details.
- Country (rustic). The direction is especially suitable for properties with a log cottage. The main difference of the Country style is the extensive use of old utensils in the exterior. For example, old clay pots, in which bright flowers are planted, an old barrel from which a flower shrub grows. Traditionally, such dachas have wicker fences or deadwood fences..
The original stone fence, the old gate, the worn paving of the path – all this looks natural and at ease
DIY interior design details
The dacha is a place where design ideas come to life, it is doubly pleasant that you can decorate it with something made by yourself. We offer several low-cost ideas on how to transform the interior of the garden with your own hands.
- Regular brick curbs. Takes little time, looks stylish.
Corner flower bed made of old brick
- Garden plywood figurines. You need a sheet of plywood, a stencil and paint. Did you want to make a goat? Draw a silhouette on a piece of cardboard, cut out, transfer the drawing to plywood. Then mark the important details. It remains to paint and install the craft among the flower beds.
Original flower bed made of waterproof plywood
- Stones. Color the stones as you please, transforming them into completely different characters! Ladybugs, bugs, flowers … you need paint and a lot of imagination.
There were stones – became ladybugs
Mixborder: DIY garden decor from a flower mix
Unfamiliar to many, a somewhat frightening word means complex bright flower beds, consisting of several different varieties of flowers. The concept of “mixborder” came from the UK: it was there that the trend of edging squares, parks, courtyards with a bright floral mix appeared. Vivid colorful flower beds serve as a decoration of the garden, frame hedges, fences.
A mixborder can decorate the entrance to the garden, arrange a path or divide the site into sectors
For a harmonious combination of plants in a mixborder, it is important to choose no more than 4-5 flowers
Most fans of unusual mixboarding only dream of translating personal ideas into reality. Mixboarding is a troublesome activity that requires constant care of the seedlings, and the gardener will receive the final result, a work of art, only after two or three years of continuous care of the plants..
We decorate lawns with fun drawings and intricate patterns
It will not be difficult for a business man with the rudiments of creativity to create a wonderful decor on his own.
- Gravel patterns are a popular and easy way to decorate your lawn. The only difficulty is to choose a pattern in which the gravel will be laid..
- Create unique lawn patterns by adjusting the cutting height of the grass. In this way, short-cut grass areas are combined with taller ones, resulting in unique geometric patterns..
- Floral patterns are perhaps the most complex: they need constant care, you need to make sure that naughty plants do not go beyond the boundaries of the pattern..
Gravel is used to decorate garden paths, flower beds and recreation areas
Beautiful flower arrangement on the lawn
The gazebo is an island of comfort that everyone dreams of when they go out of town to their summer cottage for the weekend. In the gazebo, you can arrange evening tea drinking with long conversations, read a book on a sunny day, hide from the rain in bad weather.
Country style gazebo – a rustic approach to garden interiors
Gazebo in oriental style
The Art Nouveau gazebo is a combination of aesthetics and functionality
The location of the gazebo depends on climatic factors: it is better to install it in a space illuminated by the sun, but not in the sun, so that it is comfortable to be inside. The material of the gazebo is usually wood, but metal, plastic gazebos are sold.
On a small plot, the gazebo will be successfully replaced by an open terrace
An uneven section of the garden may seem like a problem: most likely, special equipment will be rented, designed to level the level, however, you can install the flower beds in several tiers, presenting the unevenness with a special highlight.
Multi-tiered flower beds easily cover small differences in height on the site
Retaining wall made of flat stone, laid out “dry”
What plants to choose for the garden? Roof garden
The choice of plants depends on personal preference. Some housewives prefer to plant new flowers every year, others stick to the old ones. It depends on how often you want to change the exterior colors, whether it is worth buying annual plants for the garden space, or, conversely, planting the space with perennials..
Among shrubs, hydrangea, spiraea, boxwood and juniper are in good demand.
Sometimes gardeners do not have enough space to implement their ideas on the ground, then they decide to embody ideas on the roof. It is better to plant dwarf plants here that do not have long, powerful roots, which means they will not threaten the integrity of the roof..
A house with a roof garden is cooler in summer and warmer in winter
What material to make a flower bed?
It all depends on the imagination and preferences of the owner of the garden. In many summer cottages, there are flower beds lined with different pebbles or even bricks..
Simple flower bed for hosts
Spiral bed of gabions
Of course, you can build a wooden flower bed with your own hands – you will need long wooden boards of the same size. With their help, you can assemble a hexagon flower bed or an ordinary square.
Simple flower bed of flat boards
Wooden flower girl in the shape of a spiral
Nobody canceled old tires! Tires can be painted in a wide variety of colors. Multi-tiered flower beds made of colored tires look quite original.
The original composition of car tires
Expert opinion Alina Kvileva.
Video: dream garden with terraces
Photo: beautiful ideas for a summer cottage