Zoning a room into a bedroom and a living room
To make the room comfortable and practical in its use, several techniques and design solutions are used, with the help of which a universal design of the apartment is created. A common design option is zoning a room into a bedroom and a living room..
To arrange it for all living comfortably and functionally, look at the many photo examples by which it is as simple as possible to cope with this problem.
After the division, the premises receive practical and comfortable living spaces, in which each meter is distributed rationally and functionally. This attitude to distribution is well suited for a private and apartment building, and for a one-room apartment, this solution is one of the ways to improve your living conditions..
Relevance of the issue
Combining or dividing into zones is a practical and necessary solution for most one-room apartments or with a lack of space. The purpose of combining the space is to create a multifunctional and comfortable room in which they have competently placed: a place for sleeping, for receiving guests, a wardrobe and a corner for possible work or cooking. Having evaluated numerous examples of photos with a competent arrangement of furniture and lighting, it is possible to create coziness with a minimum number of square meters of area.
Where to begin?
You need to start differentiation in the living room with careful planning of where the furniture will be located, how to mount competent lighting and what will help to expand the space visually. For a harmonious improvement, dividing a room into more than two is not necessary.
A pile of objects and a combination of different designs will make the room heavier, and it will become uncomfortable to be in it. It is possible to combine any zones with each other, the main thing is not to contradict the functions and so that it is convenient for you.
It is good when the tastes and preferences of all family members are taken into account when creating a design, then everyone will feel comfortable in every corner. The main reasons for zoning are the small amount of space in the apartment. There are usually several goals when planning a design. It all depends on the number of people and on how comfortable and functional you plan to create it.
Common methods of zoning
Here are some common techniques for creating this kind of interior design.
- A versatile, affordable and easy way is to use furniture. In this case, a bar counter will become a common division option. In another case, use the location of the sofa in the middle or other convenient place for delimitation. Photos of this option are presented in a large assortment. An original and interesting solution will be the installation of a large aquarium, which will not only visually divide, but also decorate the interior.
- A compact and practical solution when zoning is required is the installation of sliding doors. Lightweight and functional wardrobes, which are presented in a wide range on today’s market of goods, will help you choose a partition that will fit into any interior and emphasize the style and taste of the owners. Depending on the purpose of the partition and its location, it is possible to choose a transparent or, conversely, an opaque wardrobe.
Another plus will be mirrored sliding doors, because the mirror visually enlarges the room.
Multifunctional furniture is one of the most convenient and practical ways to solve a problem. It should be noted that this method is not cheap and is not always suitable for people with limited time. Such furniture saves space, where during the day the room looks completely like a living room, and at night it turns into a cozy bedroom for relaxation. However, the eternal folding and unfolding of furniture takes a lot of time and effort..
Functional connection of space
If the number of people in the house is greater than the number of rooms, the question of demarcation arises by itself. Several practical examples for this have been developed by interior designers..
In the first case of a practical way out of the situation, it is possible to use the location of the bed. After modifying the back with a lattice or an additional wall, a place appears above the bed – a TV stand. In this case, the bed will automatically become a place for the owners to rest, and the wall will divide the zone.
Another method is suitable if the bed is located by the window. Make a partition large enough to separate the headboard so that natural light is not lost.
Another example, separation occurs by differentiating the sleeping and living areas with a rack. The design of the rack is varied, it is created with a drawer for a bed or equipped in the form of shelves for books and things. The rack is made monolithic and opaque or with shelves through and through, which can be used from either side.
In the case when it is necessary not only to divide, but also to create a unique and original atmosphere, they use techniques, as shown in the photo, that can significantly decorate without taking up additional space.
- The arch is one of the elegant and classic options for solving the problem of zoning. The openings are made in an arched or straight line. When choosing the design of the arch, take into account the general interior design of a house or apartment..
- The ceiling, made in various variations, divides the room due to texture, color, use of plasterboard frames. This option will help to divide without taking up extra space and hiding the angularity of the room.
- Decorative floor structures are an original and attractive technique that is suitable for rooms with free floor space. Such structures are harmoniously combined with the interior and are mounted in a wall or niche, and not only installed on the floor..
- A podium of different levels will help to visually delimit, making the space comfortable for life.
Curtains are an inexpensive and original option for zoning. If necessary, it is possible to remove them, change the texture and ornament, creating a unique atmosphere.
- Floor covering of different colors or textures will favorably emphasize the design performance, expand and divide the space visually.
Dividing a zone using wall designs
Not only by decorating the floor or ceiling is it possible to create visual and functional separation. Most often, wallpaper is used for this. Wallpaper zoning occurs in two ways:
- horizontal zoning;
- vertical zoning.
In the first case, part of the room (lower part) is pasted over in a darker color, and the upper one is a few tones lighter, the other part is done in the same way, but with different shades of color.
The second one is more common, with it choosing two colors in which the walls are pasted. For example, the bedroom area is made in softer and lighter colors, and the living room – in rich and dense shades. Photos of such options are widely presented on the Internet. The choice of such a division delimits and expands even a small space..
Wall hangings are also a great way to divide up a room. Decorating the interior and creating additional coziness, it favorably distinguishes one of the zones located in the same room..
Proper lighting provides ample scope for experimentation and imagination for the owner of the house. Diode strips, lamps, table and wall lamps, made in different designs, can clearly and unobtrusively divide the guest room into a sleeping area. The luminous flux of different directions is able to create a unique design and visually delimit the room. A successful combination of light creates a unique interior.
Any of the above differentiation methods will be ideal for your home. By changing the choice of partitions, combining furniture of different sizes and styles, playing with color and light, everyone will create a comfortable atmosphere even in a small room.
The presented photos serve as an excellent visual example of how it is possible to form an idea and present a division without prejudice to the area. A wide range of options, with the help of which the combination of zones in one room does not create inconvenience to the owners. Harmonizing free space by rearranging furniture and the right lighting – a way to create the perfect atmosphere.
It must be remembered that, in any case, the bedroom should remain a privacy zone and, choosing the appropriate method of separation, you should try to leave it not a walk-through. Minimalism in the choice of furniture and accessories will help not to clutter up the space and optimize the functions of the furniture. Consider the number of people living in the house, try to take into account all their addictions, while allocating a corner for each.
Zoning a room into a bedroom and a living room: 40 options