Roman blinds for the kitchen
Roman curtains (also called Romanesque) are a type of window decoration when the curtain is a continuous piece of fabric. When raised and lowered, the material straightens or gathers in folds. The simplicity of the design makes this type of curtain a popular and stylish decoration for the room..
Roman blinds (also called Romanesque) are a type of window decoration when the curtain is a continuous piece of fabric.
Pros and cons of Roman curtains for the kitchen
The place where food is prepared and taken is usually distinguished by minimalism of design solutions in the interior. That is why roman blinds for the kitchen are a suitable decor element. Consider the main positive and negative aspects that you need to know before choosing such curtains..
- Are practical.
- Takes up little space.
- Easy to adjust lifting height.
- Shade the room well.
- Light weight.
- Fits into any type of interior.
- Do not fade in the sun.
- There are options with budget fabrics.
As you can see, there are many positive qualities. Curtains can be made for a window of any size, including non-standard ones. For a do-it-yourself Roman curtain in the kitchen, you also don’t need to sew a lot of grooves and apply a lot of effort. However, it is worth mentioning some of the disadvantages..
- There is no way to move the fabric vertically.
- The high cost of some models.
The main negative feature is exclusively horizontal mobility. If you need to catch a glimpse of the window, you will have to lift the entire fabric. Otherwise, Roman shades are a worthy alternative to standard curtains..
The main negative feature is exclusively horizontal mobility..
Features of choosing the color of kitchen curtains
When choosing curtains for the kitchen, it is worth remembering the main feature of this room – all things in it are susceptible to rapid contamination. If light-colored tulle is easy to wash, then frequent washing of curtains can be a lot of trouble. In addition, it is impossible for the decor of the windows to merge with the color of the wall. Therefore, it is advisable to combine curtains with colored interior elements..
When choosing curtains for the kitchen, it is worth remembering the main feature of this room – all things in it are susceptible to rapid contamination..
Curtains for the kitchen, Roman curtains and others are usually chosen in the following shades:
- green: olive, light green, herbal;
- blue: cornflower blue, blue, sea wave;
- yellow: golden, lemon, sand.
For the kitchen, bright colors are often selected that contrast with light walls. This choice is made because most kitchens are not large. Light shades in the interior visually expand the room, make it more spacious and open.
For the kitchen, bright colors are often selected that contrast with light walls..
If the kitchen is quite large, you can use calm shades of brown. The kitchen in red colors will also become an interesting design. But this color must be handled carefully – the abundance of red excites rather than calms the nervous system.
If the kitchen is quite large, you can use calm shades of brown..
Important! For plain walls, patterned or floral fabric is a good choice..
Mechanism of construction
The principle of folding and unfolding Roman blinds differs depending on the specific model. There are several types of design of these curtains:
1. Motorized. Automatic control via remote control.
2. Rotary chain. The design is based on special chains, with the help of which the height is adjusted. A similar mechanism is suitable for oversized curtains and can withstand up to 7 kg of weight.
3. Cordless. The most common option. The fabric is held together by cords that can hold up to 4 kg. Used in small curtains.
The last two mechanisms are used depending on the size of the window frame, as well as the specific type of curtains. But the automatic or manual control system depends on the wishes and financial capabilities of the buyer. The automatic system is also useful for those windows where it is difficult to reach with your hands..
Additional information: It is worth considering options for curtains for the kitchen, Roman or roller blinds. The second type looks very similar, but when lifted, it folds into a roll from above.
Roman blinds options
According to the configuration and appearance, the curtains can be classic and cascading.
1. Classic. The curtain is a continuous piece of fabric without irregularities. As it rises, the fabric forms small horizontal folds. Appearance characterizes minimalism and versatility.
2. Cascading. The folds on the material are not smoothed out even when completely closed, but descend in a beautiful cascade. Often this type is included in the interior of the traditional style or art deco..
You can certainly choose a Roman blind in the interior of the kitchen at your own discretion. But the classic is better suited for modern and stylishly furnished rooms. Whereas the cascade goes well with a cozy and discreetly decorated room.
You can certainly choose a Roman blind in the interior of the kitchen at your own discretion..
Additional information: The folds of the cascade can also vary in thickness and appearance – they can overlap each other or be voluminous. In the European version, the fabric is gathered in small folds at the very bottom..
The best materials for designing windows in the kitchen
The choice of the material for kitchen curtains is a particularly responsible task. It is important that the fabric does not absorb moisture, grease, odor, and does not fade when exposed to the sun. The most important criterion in such conditions is practicality and quality:
- Synthetics. Synthetic fabrics like acrylic or polyester do not attract dirt, but they tend to warp at high temperatures. Therefore, you need to make sure that there are no heating devices near the windows..
- Natural materials. These include bamboo, cotton, linen, silk. Such fabrics wear out faster, although in other characteristics they are not inferior to synthetic ones. With any dirt, such a curtain is easy to wash..
- A mixture of fibers. Light organza or durable taffeta are often chosen for the kitchen. This choice is quite successful, since it combines the characteristics of the types described above..
Photo of curtains for the kitchen Roman shows that any material looks good. Therefore, additional attention must be paid to quality and manufacturer. The kitchen is a place with an aggressive environment, and you should not save too much here.
Photo curtains for the kitchen Roman shows that any material looks good.
Note! Woven roman blinds made of straw or bamboo are original. This will be an interesting solution for a country-style interior. Curtains have many advantages: durability, environmental friendliness, resistance to dirt and a long service life.
Color and pattern: the most interesting combinations
In the photo, Roman curtains for the kitchen, as you can see, are not only plain. You can find both colorful striped and elegant curtains with patterns.
You can find both colorful striped and elegant curtains with patterns.
The shade may depend not only on the interior design, but also on the side the plastic windows face. On the sunny side, more intense darkening will be required, so a dense light material is better suited. This solution will also be suitable for an apartment where windows face a busy street..
The shade may depend not only on the interior design, but also on the side the plastic windows face..
Sheer or vintage fabrics are ideal décor for darkened kitchens so as not to darken the room. After all, light and color have a huge impact on a person’s mood. It is also interesting that bright colors can increase appetite several times..
It is also interesting that bright colors can increase appetite several times..
Thus, Roman blinds are distinguished by a variety of models and ease of use. The photo perfectly proves that such curtains fit organically into any kitchen.
The photo perfectly proves that such curtains fit organically into any kitchen.
Video: Roman blinds in the interior of the kitchen