Frescoes in the interior: manufacturing technology, advantages
The palace interiors amaze with their grandeur. An obligatory attribute of such rooms is skillfully executed wall paintings – frescoes. In city apartments not so long ago there were furniture walls made of chipboard, and the room was decorated with ordinary wallpaper. Now frescoes in the interior are found more and more often. After all, decorating a wall in this way is not much more difficult than glueing ordinary photomurals at home..
Frescoes in the interior of the kitchen
Room design with frescoes on the wall
Living room interior with frescoes on the wall
Murals with a landscape on the wall
In the classical sense, a fresco is a type of painting that involves the application of paints to plaster by an artist. Construction technologies have made great strides forward, now the range of frescoes has expanded significantly. You can even buy digitally printed and not pay for the services of a professional artist. Modern frescoes can be placed on the wall, floor or ceiling..
There are several types of frescoes:
- Non-woven – a thin layer of plaster is applied to a non-woven fabric. Of all the varieties, this one is the easiest to glue. The sheet is attached like a regular non-woven wallpaper.
- For raw plaster – the classic option, the most expensive. The artist applies painting to the freshly laid putty. No more than a day is given to work, yet. The master must be a real professional, because corrections cannot be made on the wall..
- On dry plaster – the ideal solution for the kitchen or bathroom. High-strength plaster is applied, so the fresco in the interior does not deteriorate in the sun or from high humidity.
- Canvas is a very expensive way to decorate an interior. The artist paints a canvas covered with a primer with natural pigments. You cannot buy a ready-made version for the house, you will have to call the master at home. The surface is artificially aged and covered with a protective wax coating.
- Craquelure or aging effect – decorative cracks and scuffs form in the image. The effect is achieved by adding marble chips.
- On a rigid base – a picture is made with a solid base – from polymer, wood or ceramics. Since the structure is quite heavy, you cannot make a large image..
- On sand – non-woven panels are used, covered with fine-grained plaster.
Benefits of frescoes
Not everyone knows how frescoes in the interior often look better than ordinary wallpaper. If you need to get a stylish interior, then this type of decor will come in handy. The positive qualities of frescoes are listed below..
- Modern frescoes made by means of photographic printing are difficult to distinguish from the original..
- Firms offer turnkey solutions, as well as work with individual orders.
- Can visually enlarge the space.
- You can clean the walls with detergents without fear that the decorative coating will be damaged.
- Perfectly adheres to both walls and ceilings.
- Modern technologies allow you to print even complex images.
- High quality printing and artistic paints allows you to get a fresco in the interior that will look stylish at any time.
- The fresco can be admired every day, it will retain its impeccable aesthetic qualities for a long time.
Frescoes with a lion in the interior
Living room with frescoes
Frescoes in the interior of the room
Frescoes in the interior of the bedroom with the image of trees
Children’s room with frescoes on the wall
Views and images
In addition to traditional paintings, photo-printed frescoes are on sale. They are printed on printers on an industrial scale or in limited quantities. Many people buy such models, as they fit perfectly into the modern interior. The most popular and modern varieties are presented below..
- Reproductions – you can place a copy of the canvas of a famous painter on the entire wall.
- Classic – as in the days of kings. Now you can buy a fresco with an antique or religious theme. For semi-antique interiors, miniatures are suitable, which depict ladies in antique dresses or scenes from life.
- Pattern or abstract drawing – most often done on a stencil, it will be cheaper than the classical method.
- Floral ornaments will make a gloomy room with windows to the north look like a fragrant garden. Usually large inflorescences are depicted on such frescoes, which will look good in a room with low ceilings..
- Landscape – there is unlimited scope for imagination. You can place an image with a cozy meadow, sunny beach, wildlife, rocks, forests, parks. The fresco looks especially good in an interior with a false window, which offers a breathtaking view..
- City – a street with houses will fill the room with energy, you can choose a small town with small houses or a large metropolis, for example, views of the Eiffel Tower in Paris are very popular.
Advice. To decorate the ceiling and walls in a palace style, you can frame the selected plot with a frame covered with golden paint.
Room design with frescoes
Beautiful frescoes in the interior
Corridor design with frescoes
Frescoes in the interior of the apartment
Murals on the wall with a pattern of nature
Frescoes in the interior can serve as a backdrop for furniture or simply set a positive mood. But much more often, these elements play a dominant role, set the tone for the entire room. The purpose of the room in which it is planned to install the fresco should be taken into account..
For the bedroom, a restrained color scheme in pastel colors is most suitable..
Vegetable ornaments and warm shades will look good in the kitchen. It is advisable not to place the wall mural near the stove, as it can get dirty with drops of fat during cooking.
The fresco in the interior of the living room should correspond to the general appearance of the house and please the household members. But you can make it very bright and pompous, then you will always have the opportunity to impress guests or relatives..
Frescoes with a picture of the Eiffel Tower on the wall
Frescoes on the wall in the interior
Beautiful landscape on the wall
Wall decor with frescoes
Beautiful large drawing on the living room wall
The element of water dominates in the bathroom, where you can depict a miniature with fish or mythical creatures from the underwater world.
Advice. Now they are using frescoes in the stylish interior of the children’s room. There you can use images from your favorite baby cartoons or funny animals..
How to glue a mural
If you decide to choose a ready-made mural for your home, you can attach it yourself. But if the surface to be glued is uneven or of a complex configuration, you may need the help of professionals. Many hire a master only if they order hand-painted painting. In this case, the work is performed in several stages..
- Remove old paint or wallpaper with a spatula. May have to wash the wall.
- First, the surface is treated with a primer.
- Using a putty, fill up depressions and cracks.
- Defects are hidden with cement plaster.
- After the surface is sanded using a board soaked in water.
- When the wall dries up, plaster is applied.
Large frescoes on the wall in the interior
Living room design with frescoes
Bathroom with frescoes
Frescoes in the interior of the living room
Frescoes in the interior
The drawing is applied according to a pencil sketch or using a stencil. Now you can proceed to applying the coloring layer. For convenience, the pattern is applied from top to bottom. Finally, you can fix the result with varnish..
As for non-woven frescoes, it is most convenient to use modern seamless ones at home. A roll 3 meters wide is often enough to cover the entire wall. If you have previously been engaged in wallpapering, there should be no problems..
Video: Frescoes on the wall. Decorative wall covering. Frescoes in the interior
50 photos of fresco ideas in apartment design: