DIY bedroom design – is it possible?
Not everyone can afford to hire a designer to design a bedroom interior. But everyone can afford to create. If there is a need for change – arm yourself with a notebook and a pencil! Simple DIY bedroom design for anyone!
Designing your bedroom is not as difficult as it sounds. The presence of taste, a little effort, photos of suitable options – and now an original interior appears before your eyes
The bedroom should be liked by everyone who plans to relax in it.
You need to decide on all the intricacies of the interior of the future bedroom before starting the repair. Please note the following:
- Style – you can find a suitable option on the Internet.
- Functional – a place to sleep and rest, a place of main stay or an office?
- Colors – personal space should be designed based on your own preferences.
- Illumination – the color scheme, the number of additional light sources depends on how illuminated the room is.
- Options – large rooms give room for creativity. Little ones limit our possibilities.
Learn to combine unexpected details and things
Simple and tasteful
Choosing a style
Everyone has their own personal preferences. We will give only a few recommendations..
- The classic style is one of the most popular. Stucco moldings on walls, ceilings, patterns, curls, draperies, pillows, gilding. Adult option, atmospheric, cozy.
Classic style matrimonial bedroom
- Modern is a modern style. Simple shapes, clear, smooth lines, laconic colors. Decorating is discouraged.
Lounge in Art Nouveau style
- Hi-tech – bright colors, shiny metallic surfaces, lots of light. Such an atmosphere is not conducive to relaxation. This style is the worst option for a bedroom. But young people might like.
- Provence is a women’s theme. Lots of textiles, frills, ruffles, floral patterns, soft pastel colors. Very romantic option.
Provence style bedroom design
- Minimalism is asceticism. A small set of flowers, furniture, lack of decorations and decor elements.
You can adhere to a single style, or you can combine them with each other..
For a vacation spot, you need to choose colors that will please the eye, help you relax. Avoid flashy, poisonous shades. Always focus on your chosen style.
This room is very small, but due to the white color combined with green and pink shades, the bedroom seems to be quite cozy.
Designers recommend using light, calm colors. If the windows face north, use warm shades to compensate for the lack of sun. In very light rooms, feel free to use cold colors..
This cool color design can be easily implemented in a sunny bedroom with south-facing windows.
Finishing materials depend on style and color scheme. It is important for health to use environmentally friendly materials.
Non-woven wallpaper is easy to stick, incredibly beautiful and fade resistant
With the help of photo wallpaper, unusual interior solutions are created
Small bedroom interior
In a spacious bedroom, you don’t have to worry about functionality. Little ones shackle our creativity. However, there are loopholes here too..
- Consider storage space. It can be hidden shelves, storage boxes, mezzanines.
- Corner furniture takes up less space, frees up the center.
- Light walls, mirrors, large windows visually increase the space.
Multifunctional furniture – an outlet for the design of a small bedroom
You do not have professional skills in painting, wallpapering, laying out parquet, installing doors? You can learn this if you wish. You will get better with practice..
The advantage of painting walls is that you can easily select the desired shade and quickly change it after a while.
Plan your budget. It is not necessary to furnish the room with expensive items. She won’t get any prettier or cozier from that. A simple bedroom interior is sometimes much more profitable..
Bedroom interiors: simple and tasteful
Simple design without excess looks much nicer than cluttered with unnecessary, but expensive and catchy items..
The design can be diversified by introducing bright details into the interior
Harmoniously selected colors, topical jewelry, decor, lack of pretentiousness – it will look quite cozy, cute.
Bedroom in beige and brown tones
Expensive does not mean the best.
Decoration and decor for the bedroom
Use two or three muted colors. Focus on the decor. Each style includes its own way of decorating: paintings, tapestries, textiles, pillows, flowers, candles. Choose according to your taste. You can make decor items with your own hands. Photos, figurines or wall murals will add atmosphere to the bedroom, make it individual, finished..
The bed is the main decoration of the bedroom, and you need to start decorating with it.
Use items you can make yourself to decorate your bedroom
If the bedroom is a place to sleep in a minimalist style, a bed and a chest of drawers are enough. If this is a multifunctional room, then in addition to places for storing clothes (wardrobes, dressers), you may need a desk, cabinets or shelves. The lady will need a dressing table.
Built-in wardrobes built into drywall niches helped to visually “dissolve” the storage systems in the interior.
Make sure the furniture design matches the overall style. You can’t put a pompous four-poster bed with curls in an Art Nouveau bedroom. It will look ridiculous. But some combinations can be very beneficial and interesting. Trust your taste.
Retro furniture is not cheap, but you can turn your old one into a vintage one: glue it over with a cloth or decorate it with applique
Zoning and Planning
If a room performs several functions, it is logical to zone it. This can be done in several ways:
- Color zoning. Sleeping area and work area are designed in different colors.
- Zoning with curtains. Curtains attached to the walls separate parts of the room in part or in whole.
- Arched zoning or zoning by wardrobes. Visually creates the impression of a passage to another room.
- Podium. Discreetly separates part of the room from the rest of the space.
Zoning with bookshelves
Zoning with a decorative plasterboard partition
Before starting work, at the design stage, make a plan. It is not necessary to have the skills of a draftsman. There are a huge number of computer programs that can help you plan your room, zone it and arrange virtual furniture..
Even a simple drawing will help you determine the size and arrange the furniture correctly.
Bedroom design sketch
Creativity, diligence and patience will help create your dream bedroom.
Video on how to properly arrange furniture in the bedroom
Photos of interiors of beautiful bedrooms