Hall curtains. The best new items in 2021
Creating an atmosphere of harmony, comfort at home is a serious undertaking that requires responsibility and unprecedented patience from you. At the same time, it is important to have a subtle sense of taste, otherwise all the efforts made will be useless. The interior and its perception depend on well-placed accents, one of which is the originality of the style. The design of the curtains for the hall will set the atmosphere of the room, and will help guests tune in to the right mood..
Curtains play an important role in the interior design of any room
Today we will look at the main trends in the design of window curtains for 2021. Let’s get acquainted with some design novelties, trends inherent in this area, we will give some tips on the correct design of the home interior.
Design solutions for curtains in the hall
Who would have thought: even such a seemingly mundane interior detail – window curtains – has its own fashion, novelties, trends that change based on the season? Yes, surprisingly enough, it is true. Designers regularly have creative ideas regarding the color scheme, cut design, type of fabric, accessories – all this is reflected from year to year in the design of curtains..
The neutral gray-white interior of the hall is successfully complemented by curtains with a bright accent
This room looks bright on its own, but nevertheless, the black and white print on the curtains sets a special theme for this room.
The main criteria for an interesting design:
- Naturalness – extends to the materials themselves, from which the curtains are made, to their color: no “toxic” catchy shades – only natural tones. The fabric is chosen mainly from cotton, silk; linen, chiffon, brocade are often used. There are assumptions – interspersed with synthetic fibers to impart better wear resistance to the product. A design that meets these requirements will ideally complement your living room.
- Simplicity – nothing pleases the eye like the laconicism of a well-balanced fiber, the authenticity of natural color. Curtains sewn from plant-based canvas will look great in olive, walnut, blue, dark green, gray tones. If you go to a salon, it is more likely that an experienced consultant will advise you to purchase dark blue or white curtains. The choice is due to the versatility of these colors. So they are able to complement any home..
- The interpenetration of styles (eclecticism) – involves the combination of expressive details with monochromatic classics. The solution is not suitable for everyone, but it refreshes the perception of the room quite well. Eclecticism helps to revive the monotony due to large elements (print or accessories), while everything together does not look pretentious, even laconic.
- The combination of lifting curtains with ordinary curtains – the combination of blinds with curtains, Roman blinds with curtains is welcome.
- Curtains “Color Block” – a combination of fragments of two or more colors on one woven fabric. The trend presupposes a harmonious combination of shades (taking into account minor – minor, major – major), the absence of a sharp color contrast. These curtains will transform your room..
- Photocurtains – a material with a volumetric 3D pattern hammered into it. The prints are made out: Japanese, ordinary fabric blinds. Photographic products are initially quite catchy, so there is no need for them to look for additional design tricks..
The combination of two types of curtains is always in fashion, this approach allows you to experiment and change the interior
Here, yellow curtains serve as a bright accent, but the presence of additional canvases in a gray shade allows you to change the curtains depending on your mood.
This window uses even more curtain options, with each curtain being combined with some decorative element.
Curtains and tulle
Time-tested stylish design solution. An old classic that will forever remain eternal thanks to exquisite beauty, practicality, convenience.
Tulle is original in itself, weightless like a veil. Its task is to hide everything that happens in your house in the daylight, even at night, when the lamps are on, but the windows are not curtained..
For a small hall, light translucent curtains are suitable, which will make the room visually larger.
Curtains are another significant element. Thanks to the dense material, they perfectly absorb the sun’s rays, maintaining the twilight in the room. If you manage to find the right harmonious tone, they will fulfill their practical function, while becoming an excellent design element..
For spacious rooms, thicker curtains decorated with drapery are suitable.
Light, pastel, patterned, embroidered tulle will create an original but authentic background for curtains. Against her background, all the beauty of the beauty of the curtains should sparkle with rich colors. If you decide to shift the emphasis on them, then the curtains must, on the contrary, be made less expressive: they need to be more faded in order to emphasize the grace of the tulle. Now it is better to sew it from bright openwork fabric, complement with rich lace. You can hang a lambrequin to the cornice to match the tone or a little lighter, – so the interior will look more complex, more interesting.
Curtains with lambrequin
Once a lambrequin was a draped strip of fabric, very beautiful, soft, delicate, decorated with fringe. Sometimes the lambrequin was made from the same fabric. It was hung all over the cornice so that it hung attractively. Things are more interesting now. Now there are many variations of it, combinations with curtains. Roman shades suit him perfectly. Another chic combination – carved curtains, lambrequin, thick cascading curtains.
Lambrequin covers part of the wall and cornice
There are several varieties of this decorative element:
- Soft lambrequin – draped weightless material is used for sewing.
- Hard – sewn from a dense fabric based on an adhesive lining (for example, non-woven).
- Combined – combines hard and soft lambrequins that can alternate each other.
- Lambrequin openwork – when sewing, a curtain fabric is used, which is glued to a rigid base. The process is carried out using a laser – during the process, beautiful patterns are cut out.
Pelmet is usually made of soft fabric and has a variety of shapes.
Features of the design of curtains in a hall with two windows
A standard room, where there are two combined windows, is easy to decorate, placing competent accents. The best option is to decorate the hall in a classic style: then curtains, tulle, lambrequins will mutually complement each other due to a similar color scheme.
Symmetrical decoration of windows located on different walls of the hall
Option for decorating windows located on the same wall next to each other
Even if the windows are opposite one another, the colors of the material that decorates them should be the same. You must follow the same style, otherwise it will be a nonsense.
Types for curtains in the hall
The assortment is so large that now there is a whole classification, of which there are several, which are very popular among modern selective buyers. We will tell about them further..
Roman blinds, in other words, roller blinds, folding / rolling in a neat accordion in the manner of blinds. Comfortable, practical, low maintenance. These curtains will fit anywhere. They are very minimalistic due to the strict color scheme (in most cases), the absence of any pattern. Successfully combined with curtains, curtains.
Light roman blind to match the wall decoration
Austrian – this type is also lifting. Many Austrian models look very elegant. The lifting “mechanism” neatly collects the canvas from below with voluminous fluffy folds. On the windows it looks elegant, even a little pompous. However, the material does not fold up to the end, but only halfway, leaving a significant part on top.
Austrian curtains in the interior of the Empire style living room
Suitable for dining rooms, small guest rooms. Combine with pastel, light interiors, because these curtains are often themselves made in delicate shades.
Kiseya – do not look like a solid canvas, but even falling fabric stripes. Agree: a rather atypical option. Kiseya is not inferior to the classic “solid” version of curtains. She, too, successfully traps sunlight..
Kiseya refers to things that give complete freedom for creativity.
Classic design. English curtains
The London type is performed strictly according to the traditions of the classics of the English snobs. They have a lifting mechanism, so the handling process is greatly simplified..
For English curtains, a fairly dense fabric is used, which, when tightened, folds and holds its shape. The soft canvas will hang and will not give the desired effect
London curtains are often matched to furniture upholstery.
English products will bring London charm and sophistication to the interior. Any guest who visits your home will understand that the owner of the home has a delicate, refined taste..
Modern style in the design of curtains
The main thing here is flexible, flowing lines filled with grace. Models made in a similar style are absolutely balanced, self-sufficient: it touches the fabric used for their cut, the selected color palette. Key materials: satin, silk, even nylon will do.
Art Nouveau does not use heavy fabrics and catchy shades.
Exceptionally lightweight, light-colored fabric is used
Design of curtains for the kitchen and bedroom
For the kitchen, it is better to use practical, not easily soiled. Blinds are the best option. As for shades – give preference: light, peach, beige, cream tones.
Blinds, unlike curtains, require less maintenance and fit well into the kitchen interior
Blue vertical fabric blinds are great for a bright kitchen with white furniture
If you are afraid to experiment – pay due attention to the classics. The material from which the curtains are sewn is very important: it is necessary that it freely pass the sun’s rays, air.
What to choose for the bedroom?
Here, on the contrary, it is important to achieve a balance of dark with light. After all, the bedroom is the place where you should rest, and sunlight can prevent this. Therefore, it is preferable to hang dark dense fabrics there. Blue, green shades will harmonize well.
Light delicate curtains in the spirit of Provence
Direct curtains to the floor in the high-tech style bedroom
Minimalism in design
Fits perfectly into your apartment if it itself is the embodiment of minimalism. When choosing minimalist curtains, the main criterion is: the solid colors of the curtains themselves, as well as the curtains, tulle, framing them.
In minimalism, black and white and ash-milk combinations of fabrics are welcome
The best option is Roman, or any other role-playing curtains. They will perfectly decorate the window of the living room, bedroom. It is important that they are made from a cloth based on plant fibers (for example, when using flax, bamboo).
How to sew curtains in the hall with your own hands
Sometimes buying ready-made attributes can cost a fortune, especially if the product is sewn with high-quality fabric. Another situation is when you have acquired a wonderful material, so you definitely want to make curtains for yourself from it..
Luxurious French curtains will look great in the hall.
We have some tips for you regarding this topic..
What needs to be done?
- First you need to decide on the style – pay attention to which style is preferable for your home, especially the room where the new curtains will hang. If possible, do them in the same style. If you plan to combine several colors, then you will have to think much more carefully so that each one is combined with the others..
- Then start the selection of the appropriate material for sewing – a well-chosen fabric will revitalize the interior of the room, and also preserve the attractiveness of the finished product for years to come.
- We draw a sketch of the style – at this stage you can show any, even the most daring design decision, then see how it might look.
- Cooking pattern.
The purchased canvas must be well ironed by placing it on a flat surface. Then start marking your measurements..
Once the preparations are complete, start cutting the canvas. Remember: it is important to leave 2 cm of fabric at the ends for processing. Process the edges on the sewing machine (to avoid shedding them), and attach to the top edge, sew a ribbon with loops.
After sweeping the main seams, try on the resulting windows. Tuck in if necessary, then hem the edges again. At the end of the work, check the fabric for the remaining markings (soap, chalk), iron your curtains and, if everything went well, feel free to hang them on the windows.
Video: do-it-yourself French curtains
Photo of curtains for the hall