Bedroom decor: your exclusive interior
The bedroom is a private space where guests are not taken. But this does not mean that inexpensive repairs can be done in this room, and the decor of the bedroom is not at all necessary. On the contrary, all the best should be concentrated here, especially when it is the common area of the spouses. Eminent designers have developed many interesting proposals for decorating a bedroom with their own hands. It is important to choose a style and some kind of concept, then the choice of finishes and accessories will be subordinated to a tempting idea..
Such a panel will become the main highlight of the bedroom interior.
Bedroom design is made in dark colors
Paintings on the wall perfectly complement the decor of the room
Which bedroom decoration option to choose?
The faceless uniform decoration of the bedroom is a thing of the past, no one is interested in simply re-sticking the wallpaper when there is an opportunity to do something special. If you dream a little, it is easy to make your wildest dreams come true in your personal space..
Think about which you prefer:
- bohemian boho-style needlewoman workshop with luxurious bed;
- a quiet cozy corner in the style of French Provence;
- luxury apartments with white furniture;
- palace interior with a suite on graceful gilded legs;
- a metropolitan loft with an urban panorama and a “transformer” bed;
- a Japanese geisha’s room with a rock garden behind a bamboo curtain;
- the chambers of the oriental dancer or the sultan’s concubine;
- high-tech creative laboratory;
- glamorous secular lioness bedroom;
- futuristic setting guests from the future.
How to decorate a bedroom if each bedroom decoration option is good in its own way? You need to rely only on your taste and sense of proportion. Do not rush from one extreme to another. “Decor” is related to the word “decoration”, they are made from inexpensive materials. But in a theater or cinema hall, it looks like a spaceship cabin or real royal chambers. How and how to decorate the bedroom with your own hands depends on the choice of style.
Additional lighting can be installed on the ceiling
Bedroom design is made in Provence style
Golden rule: All trimmings and accessories should emphasize the choice of one recognizable style. You should not miss “a little bit of everything” – as a rule, these are large, but unjustified costs for lush decor in the bedroom. An eclectic interior rarely succeeds, especially when there is no experience. A design that has a little decor, but all of it is skillfully and tastefully made, will make your bedroom unique and elegant.
All components work on the overall design concept:
- decorating walls and ceilings in the bedroom, finishing the floor;
- carpentry material (windows, doors, other wood in decoration);
- the choice of furniture (a way to update it);
- textiles (bed linen, bedspread, curtains, tulle, rug);
- accessories and decor elements.
If the finish is made with neutral materials, it is easier to vary the style. You can partially change the look of the room for the new season and the upcoming holiday, or even just for the mood. A radical stylistic transformation is done during renovations (major or cosmetic), but it costs much more than the original do-it-yourself bedroom decor.
Wallpaper with flowers will look great in the bedroom
Bedroom design is made in bright colors
The lamps above the bed will perfectly complement the interior of the bedroom.
We decorate the walls and ceiling
A stylish bedroom is unthinkable without modern design solutions, including high-tech finishes. The ceiling decor of the bedroom is difficult to do with your own hands, but some elements are quite affordable:
- the effect of the night sky with painted stars, using glowing paint;
- original illumination from a perforated plafond (openwork pattern on a smooth ceiling);
- stained glass inserts with backlighting from the inside give the illusion of ceiling windows;
- finishing with unusual materials or adding new inclusions to traditional mixtures;
- bedroom zoning with color delimitation along the ceiling;
- suspended structures, decorative beams and modern lamps, mounted on a rod at the upper plane;
- handmade modeling from plaster-based plaster – the embodiment of any idea.
On the walls, embodying ideas is even better. On 4 vertical planes, there is more area, wider possibilities, it is easier to draw and fix fragments of decor at the head of the bedroom or by the window. When they want to do something quickly and inexpensively for the holiday, they use vinyl stickers or a volumetric paper applique for walls or a hanging inscription from large letters.
You can put a large mirror in the room
Above the bed, you can attach a panel with patterns and lighting
The easiest way is to put interesting images in frames and place them in the most appropriate place. Paintings, printouts of optical illusions, photos from a good angle, author’s experience in the fine arts will do. Wall painting is often used as a decor for a bedroom. It seems that it is difficult, but there are simple and beautiful sketches that you want to consider for a long time. They are easy to transfer to a free wall – at the head of the bed or opposite the bed..
Tip: If you do not have artistic skills, use a stencil or transfer the contours to the cells, increasing the drawing. A good example of this is a bedroom-appropriate “Gaze” drawing at the headboard, carried over to scale..
Stencils can be reused – flowers, leaves, fruits, birds, butterflies. Applying to the wall, paint over the gap with a roller or a wide brush. The contours are outlined with a thin brush or marker, the background is created by spray paint.
The design of the bedroom is made in white
Bedroom design in dark color
Bed lighting makes it feel like it is hanging in the air
The easiest way is to use photo wallpaper in the bedroom for decoration. The selected landscape will delight the eye all year round. The only drawback is that the principle of seasonality is violated. Summer in the image cannot be changed to another season without deciding to re-glue the wallpaper. But you can choose a cityscape – New York, London or Paris on the wall will not embarrass those admiring their architecture in any weather.
When the plans do not include frequent changes in the decor of the bedroom, they prefer a thorough finish with expensive textured plaster, frescoes or a drawing on flexible stone. Such work is entrusted to specialists, but it is better to prepare the wall and select the image yourself. Unusual wall painting or original author’s decor on the bedroom wall can look very extravagant. You can vary the pigment added to liquid wallpaper and decorative plaster to create something original.
The color combination in the bedroom looks very beautiful
Above the bed, you can hang a large picture and make a backlight
How to decorate bedroom furniture?
Decorating a bedroom with your own hands involves updating furniture if it was purchased a long time ago.
- It is not necessary to change cabinet furniture, which suits the functionality. It is enough to change the facade, which will emphasize the style. Sliding mirrors are a universal option, veneer or natural wood of noble texture is a classic. The pattern on frosted or sandblasted glass can be matched to any ethnic style. Stained glass – under the Gothic or Art Nouveau.
- Artificial aging of furniture facades is a popular do-it-yourself bedroom decor trend. It can be done using any available technique – covering with patina or varnish with cracks, making an exclusive decoupage with eggshells and napkins. Such furniture is very much in demand in Provencal and vintage bedrooms, in retro or country style..
- Repainting in a common color, replacing old legs and molding will help to combine several pieces of furniture into a single bedroom set. The more elegant these additions, the more luxurious your “new” white furniture will be to match the bedroom decor in the style of shabby chic, grunge, chateau or romanticism..
- When you want to update the look of the bed, which is quite suitable for a comfortable sleeping plane, you can replace only the headboard or the entire base. A bedroom for Japanese minimalism does not imply a bed – a rather low wooden podium with a comfortable mattress and a luxurious bed. I like the English classics – it is recommended to upholster the high headboard with eco-leather in the form of a coach dive.
- A high-tech bedroom assumes glass shelves and corners on chrome anchors – to match the bed on metal legs.
- The East is a “delicate matter”, but here you need not so much a special bed as many stylized pillows with luxurious embroidery and other decor.
- Some styles suggest a canopy over the bed, which will create a special atmosphere. A great idea for those who have not decided how to decorate the bedroom with fabric. Beautiful materials are also suitable for screens and partitions, multi-layer curtains or other window décor in the bedroom. Upholstered furniture with new upholstery is also appropriate if someone prefers a sofa bed.
Bedroom design with large panoramic windows
You can put flowers near the bed
Flowers in the room will make the interior more lively.
Important rules for decorating a bedroom
The bedroom is a special room, and it is highly undesirable for other rooms to be combined in it. In the absence of free space, the accountant’s office, the dressmaker’s workshop, where clothes are like decor in the bedroom, are transferred here. There may be a computer desk, an aquarium incubator, a dressing room and a library. Well, if not all at once, and many mothers also have a baby’s bed next to them.
There are 2 solutions:
- Unload the functionality of the bedroom and emphasize with the decor that this is a place to relax.
- Reimagine the room as much as possible in terms of zoning.
Maximum relaxation and rest is the main idea of \ u200b \ u200bthe decor of the bedroom, in whatever style it is decorated..
You can hang pictures on the wall
A bright room will give only positive emotions
A place to sleep is the basis of a bedroom, regardless of what the owners sleep on. Everything should “revolve” around her. It is very convenient when the most necessary things are at arm’s length, and the secondary wall decor in the bedroom, made by hand, is convenient to view from the opposite side.
You should not overload the consciousness with bright elements, in this room there should be nothing to excite the imagination, except for pictures of erotic content or other “hints”. The priority is your favorite color, but calm shades, even if it is red or purple. An important role is given to textiles and decor, visually expanding the dimensions of a small bedroom. If the room is very large, it is important to correctly delimit the space so that it does not look empty and inhospitable..
You can make a backlit panel in the room
The combination of black and white colors in the interior of the bedroom
You can put colorful pillows on the bed
The main types of decorating a modern bedroom
Wall decor with imitation of a rough surface
Brickwork, plaster “like concrete”, facing like stone and lining
Natural wood and imitation of texture
Eco-veneer, laminated chipboard and fiberboard, plywood, furniture board, etc..
Painting the walls
Interior enamels (only for interiors)
Wallpaper (all kinds)
Liquid wallpaper, fiberglass, vinyl, photo wallpaper, glowing wallpaper
Upholstery and fabric trim
Wall upholstery with carriage plunge, decorative panels, screens, curtains
Frescoes, collages, appliques, stencil drawings
“Venetian”, “bark beetle”, textured, “fleece”
3D panel near the bed will perfectly complement the interior of the bedroom
You can hang pictures on the wall in the bedroom
Obviously, there is no shortage of how to decorate the wall in the bedroom or make original decor with your own hands. It all depends on the scale of the transformation and the preferred method of decoration. More interesting design ideas – in our photo gallery.
Video: Bedroom decor
50 photos of bedroom interior decor ideas: