The main features of induction cookers: principle of operation, rules of use, rating of popular manufacturers
An induction hob is a type of heating appliance that runs on electricity. It uses a rapidly changing magnetic field. An induction hob heats up much faster than an electric or gas hob. The entire surface of the panel or a specific area of it is not exposed to heat. For cooking, special pots are used that are attracted by a magnet (steel, cast iron).
Induction hob in the kitchen.
Induction hobs are gradually replacing traditional gas options. They use less energy, are efficient and look extremely aesthetically pleasing. This has become the main reason for the popularity of equipment in the arrangement of modern kitchens. Let’s try to figure out what an induction cooker is, how the equipment works, and what you should pay attention to when choosing.
For the induction hob, special ceramic cookware is used..
Specificity of induction cookers
Induction hobs use a rapidly changing electromagnetic field. It is created by coils located just below the working surface. After placing a pan made of ferromagnetic materials (substances attracted by a magnet) and turning on the plate, electricity is converted into heat, causing eddy currents. This way the cookware heats up directly. This will make cooking more efficient..
Induction hob heats cookware with induced eddy currents.
Buying an induction cooker needs to get a special kitchen set. The bottom of pots and pans for the presented household appliances is marked with a special symbol.
Pros and cons of induction cookers
Induction hobs do not differ in appearance from conventional ceramic options. They look extremely elegant and modern. This is their indisputable advantage..
The biggest advantage of induction cookers is the sleek appearance.
The presented hobs are energy-saving devices – heat is generated only at the bottom of the plate, and not on the surface of the stove. This principle of operation increases the safety of using household equipment. Other advantages of using it are as follows:
- Security. By directly heating the dishes, the platform itself remains cool. Unlike gas stoves, there is no contact with fire. Any housewife who prefers comfort while cooking will appreciate this..
- Profitability. By heating only the bottom of the pan and not the entire hob, less energy is consumed. Due to the constant increase in tariffs, this is considered a good advantage..
- Easy cleaning. The flat surfaces and the absence of hard-to-reach corners and crevices make cleaning easy. Cleaning the hob will take a minimum amount of time.
- Saving time. Power Boost cuts cooking time in half. This is due to the possibility of programming modes for embedded equipment.
- Healthy meals. The direct effect on food and the ability to regulate temperature allows vegetables to not lose as many vitamins, and meat becomes more juicy..
- Functionality. Household appliances are equipped with many additional and useful functions. They are specially designed to preserve the taste of individual products..
- Ease of use. Diagnostics of malfunctions by displaying an error code. This will simplify the work of any technician who will immediately understand what is wrong with the equipment..
- Elegant and aesthetic appearance. This parameter is especially important for those who prefer harmony in the kitchen..
With the help of a special heating technique, induction cookers allow you to preserve the juiciness and vitamins of food.
The principle of operation and capabilities of the device
The offer of induction hobs is becoming more and more diverse from year to year. This modern and convenient type of built-in appliances is very popular. Induction cooking is convenient, quick and appreciated by modern housewives. This makes induction hobs more and more popular. The models presented in stores differ in many ways. The buyer should familiarize himself with several key selection features:
- Induction hob size. This is one of the most important characteristics that you should pay attention to when buying the presented household appliances. Not every kitchen will fit the standard sixty, and it may not always be necessary. Induction hobs are available in many different sizes. This is an important parameter due to the different layouts of modern kitchens..
- Distribution and number of heating circles. It is worth paying attention to the ergonomic arrangement and other features of the selected induction cooker. The most important thing is not the size of the plate, but how the heating fields are distributed and which plates can be placed on them. This need is not the same for different people..
- Power and type of power supply. These parameters can be of decisive importance in the case of old electrical wiring. Some heating plates need to be connected to a three-phase system. Others – can be used after connecting to one phase (230 V).
- Design and control. These are parameters that should not be underestimated. The aesthetics and color of an induction hob are important in that they affect the look of the entire kitchen. When it comes to control, it is about the convenience of the device. Currently, the most popular and widespread are induction cookers with touch control. Models with an electronic or mechanical version are rarely used. Electronics are more practical and functional.
High practicality and functionality are the hallmarks of induction cookers.
What types of induction cookers are there
An important advantage of induction cookers is the safety of their use. By directly heating the bottom of the pan, rather than the entire plate (and no flame under the pan), the risk of burns is reduced. Even though the plate is on, the surface around the container remains cold. Some manufacturers use additional locks that prevent the countertop from accidentally turning on, both during cleaning and when a child is playing in the kitchen. Among the important selection parameters are the following.
There is a large selection of induction hobs.
Number of heating fields
The number of fields is an important factor when choosing a drive. The fewer there are, the lower the price of the device. Most cymbals are equipped with four rims. However, you can find countertops with three or even two brims. Unlike gas stoves, induction options provide precise temperature control. Cooking zones do not have to be as varied in power and size as other solutions available. Heating fields can be circular, oval or rectangular.
Induction hob with one heating field.
Most manufacturers use intuitive solutions. Some people opt for mechanically adjustable knobs or tactile sliders (electronic sliders). On the market, you can also find induction cookers controlled by color LCD displays. More expensive models of such hobs are equipped with sensors located in front or on the side of the device..
Built-in induction hob in the kitchen.
What are the differences from other plates
Due to the wide range of induction cookers available on the market, it is difficult to select a specific model. Most devices differ in shape, color, and available functions. When using induction hobs, keep in mind the following:
- To avoid improper operation of household appliances, do not place wet pots on its surface and keep it perfectly clean..
- The dishes for the built-in equipment presented must be made of ferromagnetic steel and have a flat bottom corresponding to the heating zone.
- Do not leave magnetic cards near an induction hob, for example in an ATM, as they may demagnetize..
- Use pans with lids to save energy..
Cookware on the induction hob does not burn on the outside.
Induction hobs are a special kind of cooking utensils. The principle of operation is to heat metal tanks caused by eddy currents. The latter are created by a high-frequency magnetic field. The advantages of induction ovens are the highest efficiency (about 90% versus 60-70% in conventional electric stoves), fast reaching the desired temperature, accurate temperature control, safety, and more. Manufacturers provide induction hobs with many additional features. They make the cooking process easier and the heating more precise..
after removing the cookware, the induction cooker switches off automatically.
- Vessel size recognition. Sensors detect the edges of the vessel and select the appropriate amount of energy for its diameter.
- Detection of the presence of dishes. Due to the presented function, the plate will automatically turn on or off.
- Programmed running time. After a certain time, the hob switches off automatically. The electronics signals the end with a beep.
- Cooking control sensor. They detect the temperature inside the pot and automatically adjust it. The sensor also tells you when to start frying. There is a function that provides acceleration of heating up to 50% by increasing the power of the electromagnetic field.
- Residual heat indicator. Indicates whether the hob remains warm. This is important in terms of safety and resource saving..
- Stop&Go. Allows you to reduce the heating level of the field to 1 when you need to leave the kitchen for a while. After returning, simply press the button and the dial will restore the previous cooking settings..
- Memory. Allows you to save cooking settings that you can use in the future. This is a very practical feature for people who value their free time..
- Hitch-hiking. Automatic disc break when overheating during cooking. This prevents damage to cookware and household equipment..
- Bridge. The function allows you to connect two adjacent heating fields into one. In the case of using larger dishes, this is very useful..
- Blocking. The button can be used to lock all drive settings and prevent accidental power on or off. This feature is very useful when children live in the house..
There are a variety of cooking programs in gas stove options.
To use an induction hob, you need to get a set of special vessels made of ferromagnetic steel. Cooking is more efficient if the pan is made of high quality materials and is multi-layered. Induction hobs are not the cheapest, but they can be used for many years because they are of the highest quality workmanship..
For such a stove, only cookware made of ferromagnetic material is suitable..
Before using the purchased induction hob, it must be connected. The induction hob must be assembled by an electrician who connects the wires correctly. More and more manufacturers require that the person assembling the device leave a seal on the warranty card confirming the correct installation of the induction hob. Improper cable connections can damage home appliances, voiding your warranty..
Glass surface is easy to clean.
TOP-12 best manufacturers of induction cookers
The range of induction hobs is so wide that it is difficult to quickly determine which models are especially popular and deserve attention. This is why we have compiled our rating of induction hobs. It shows the devices that are most often bought in stores. The purchase of an induction hob is expensive. Don’t rush to make decisions. One of the important characteristics is the popularity and good opinion of the manufacturer of the selected device. Knowing which induction hobs and manufacturers are most trusted by consumers, you can choose the best appliance for you. A list of the most popular brands that offer induction cookers includes:
The first place in our rating is occupied by the manufacturer Skvara, whose motto is quality and reliability. The company is fighting for its leadership, which has been maintained for over a decade. The production of induction cookers by Skvara is adjusted for a different price segment. There are customer service centers.
Skvara induction hob.
One of the most popular manufacturers of household appliances in the world. The brand offers a wide range of induction cookers. There are devices on sale from different price ranges. Electrolux induction built-in appliances always get good reviews from buyers.
Electrolux induction hob.
Gorenje is a well-known brand of the Slovenian engineering company of the same name. Small and large household appliances are produced in various European countries, including at their own factories in Slovenia itself. Practical and efficient equipment has long been successfully placed in the kitchens of connoisseurs of comfort and safety. The Slovenian brand was founded in 1950. Gorenje has won numerous awards for its usability, design and environmental impact.
Gorenje induction hob.
Hansa is a Russian brand. It produces pretty good home appliances in terms of reliability and functionality. Hansa induction panels are manufactured in Poland by Amica Wronki S.A. This is a company that supplies budget kitchen equipment to the market. Built-in appliances are always of high quality. The manufacturer has repeatedly received awards in the Brand of the Year nomination. Continuous development of production and quality control allowed us to enter the international market.
Hansa induction hob.
Induction hobs from this manufacturer are gradually replacing traditional gas and electric ovens. Users are moving away from legacy solutions in favor of superior design, user-friendly operation and ease of maintenance. In addition to an affordable price, modern Saturn induction cookers have another important advantage – safety..
Saturn induction hob.
This is a German company. The brand is recognized and appreciated almost all over the world. In the Bosch product range, you can find many popular models of induction cookers, including equipment with various functionalities and sizes. Household appliances are mainly assembled in Spain.
Bosch induction hob.
The history of the company began in 2007 when Indesit merged its Ariston brand with the acquired Hotpoint brand. For this reason, the history of the newly created brand is quite extensive and impressive. Thanks to this, you will hardly have to doubt the quality of the equipment. The company pays special attention to the preservation of the beneficial properties of the products. The hob models use a lot of energy, allowing you to cook really healthy meals that are nutritious..
Hotpoint-Ariston induction hob.
This is another global brand. The manufacturer offers an extremely wide range of induction cookers. The work of the company is distinguished by the constant introduction of innovations.
Whirlpool induction hob.
Another recognized leader in the production of kitchen equipment. The company’s engineers are adopting innovative solutions as the basis for new levels of safety, comfort and economy. Zanussi is an Italian representative on the home appliances market with a century of history. Known for decent quality and customer service. Products are manufactured in many European countries.
Zanussi induction hob.
litas are in demand among consumers, and the company cooperates with many recognized brands. This brand creates products on the principle of a quality pyramid. Reliability and functionality are the basis of the products, the original style is the pinnacle.
The surfaces of the renowned manufacturer are the embodiment of true lightness and grace, combined with strict adherence to European quality standards. The Samsung brand is well known in the domestic market, like other manufacturers in this ranking. From the point of view of functionality, induction hobs with glass-ceramic surface provided by this manufacturer are very popular..
Samsung induction hob.
Provides low-cost embedded appliances. In most cases, such equipment has a compact size. The parameters of the device are calculated in the smallest detail. The surface contains only a set of necessary elements, it is stylish and easy to use.
Induction hob Indesit.
In order to determine which induction hob to choose, the customer must pay attention to various parameters. First of all, it is important to make sure that the size of the particular model matches the opening under the stove, if you have one. You also need to decide how many heating zones you need. There are many excellent models on the market with 5 burners and 6 cooking zones. They pay no less attention to additional functionality and thoughtful management. They affect the convenience of cooking..