Trending design ideas for modern kitchens
The kitchen is an important part of any home. The modern hostess is concerned not only with how to make the kitchen cozy and convenient for cooking, but also beautiful. Design is gaining popularity, and a beautiful refectory is a matter of principle. We offer kitchen design ideas that will help you make it modern and noteworthy.
To create a comfortable atmosphere in the kitchen, it is necessary to think over two components of the interior – decorative and practical.
Basic design rules
Before starting to consider ideas, it is necessary to study the principles of building a kitchen design. Here you need to take into account many factors that affect the choice of layout, colors, furniture, appliances and other components..
The best kitchen interior will be one that has enough space for free movement.
The main postulates of design are the following: comfort and beauty. Moreover, no factor should suffer, yielding to another.
To make the kitchen comfortable, you should consider the location of the functional areas.
To make your kitchen comfortable, pay attention to the following details:
- Layout. Depending on the quadrature and configuration of the kitchen, its layout is calculated. This must be done on paper before starting the repair. Take a plan on which all the parameters are indicated, communications are shown, and distribute how to arrange the components of the kitchen.
- Furniture. Decide what furniture you need for your kitchen. Someone cannot do without a kitchen corner, but for someone two chairs are enough. What furniture will help make the kitchen modern and comfortable, read below.
- Technique. A modern kitchen cannot do without a set of necessary equipment. Choose what is necessary for your kitchen, what technologies you would like to implement, and what seems superfluous.
- Materials. A quality base is the key to a good renovation. Do not spare money for quality materials, they will justify their price in action. This item is negotiated in advance and included in the estimate.
To make your kitchen beautiful, pay attention to the following details.
- Color spectrum. The kitchen can be made in both light and dark colors. In modern interiors, there are fashionable ideas for both options, we will consider them below..
- Stylish solution. Eclecticism or lack of a clear direction of success will not be achieved. Choose a contemporary style and follow its rules to create a truly beautiful kitchen.
Competent space planning is especially important for a small kitchen.
In the aspect of beauty, repair materials are also important. Some will make the kitchen fashionable and modern, while others will make the kitchen look old and poor. We will help you figure out all the nuances, and show you how to make the kitchen beautiful and comfortable.
How to make your kitchen modern
All kitchen design ideas run into modern trends. To make this area really beautiful and comfortable, you need to use new technologies both in technical arrangement and in design. The components of the kitchen space remain the same: walls, floor, ceiling. However, the way they are designed has changed significantly..
Try not to fill the interior with unnecessary items.
In order not to get confused, we systematize the knowledge and highlight the main:
|Key aspects||Modern implementation options|
|Color spectrum||We try to give preference to a monochromatic coating, we combine colors correctly|
|Style directions||We draw attention to new trends: minimalism, hi-tech, art deco, industrialism, loft. For lovers of a gentle warm atmosphere, Provence, country is suitable.|
|Finishing materials||We try to forget the wallpaper, we select beautiful tiles, paint, brickwork|
|Furniture||Throwing away old kitchen corners, giving preference to a table with a glass lid, modern chairs.|
These aspects are the main ones, 98% of success depends on them. Now let’s learn how to deal with them..
Kitchen lighting should be as close to natural as possible
To create a modern kitchen, you need to learn how to properly use the existing color palette, and correctly combine its components. You can take as a basis both light and dark tones. Let’s start with the first option.
To create a bright kitchen, beige is perfect. This color has gained popularity and is firmly rooted in modern design. It can exist well on its own, without any impurities. In this case, pick up a beige kitchen set, tiles, and appropriate furniture. Do not be afraid to make the space look bland, this will not happen with beige. But for the best effect, choose a tile with a slightly dark pattern, add a darker color to the little things..
The beige color is ideal for classic style, Provence or for minimalist kitchen interiors
White remains unchanged classic, but in our case it helps to make a fashionable design. Now it is combined with olive, mint, eucalyptus, purple. An excellent option is a black and white kitchen. Such a laconic and simple option will give the kitchen austerity and special chic..
A white kitchen is a great choice for a small space.
Other light colors are also used, but mainly as additional notes. If you want a light kitchen, go for beige or white..
Of the dark tones, brown is the leader. The natural wood color will make the kitchen look noble and easier to clean. It is mainly used for kitchen units, but tiles and furniture in this design can also be found in stores..
Most of the real wooden kitchen furniture is made in brown tones.
Black and white combination is loved by modern stylistic directions, the third color is often added with accents of red
Recently, black has become very popular in kitchen design. He finds realization in furniture, technology, and even in wall decoration. The floors and ceiling are usually not affected. Combine it with light or vibrant colors for a truly luxurious contemporary kitchen..
Modern trends do not accept the lack of a specific style in design. To create a trendy kitchen, it is worth learning a few trends in style..
To make the interior look thoughtful and harmonious, you need to adhere to a certain design direction
We consider the following as the best options:
- Minimalism is the scourge of modern design. It will get along well in both small and spacious rooms. Its main slogan is nothing superfluous. This applies to every aspect of the design: color policy, furniture, technology. Here you will find only monochromatic walls, ceilings and floors, a minimum of furniture (which will also be made in a monochromatic design) and decorations. Despite its simplicity and brevity, minimalism does not create a feeling of emptiness. This is achieved through proper space planning and skillful color matching..
Minimalism can be incorporated into both Khrushchev and modern apartments.
- Loft is increasingly seen in modern homes, especially in the kitchen. This simple and rather rude style fell in love with most of the young housewives. It adopts the basic slogan of minimalism, taking it as a basis, but allows for more creativity. Dark colors and unusual design options (brickwork, chalk-painted walls) are common here. Loft is an urban style, but, despite this, it gives the kitchen a special warmth and coziness..
The loft will appeal to connoisseurs of bold design solutions
- Hi-tech and techno. Modern technology has reached heights. This, in turn, was reflected in the arrangement of the kitchen, both in technical and design aspects. Cool colors, artificially exposed wires and pipes – not everyone likes techno, but it gives a zest. Hi-tech is not so extreme, but their unifying feature is that they make the most of modern technologies for arranging the space..
The key principle of style is hidden in the name itself: high-tech means high technology
- Provence and country. This category is different from the previous options. These styles do not strive to be at the peak of popularity, but somewhat gravitate towards antiquity. But to the noble and refined antiquity. Here you will not find the gloss and gloss inherent in many modern styles. Provence and country are calm destinations that will make the kitchen cozy and luxurious at the same time, giving it the look of a royal refectory.
In modern apartments, rustic styles are rarely found in their pure form, usually they are successfully combined with the classics.
Important. Do not forget that, having chosen a certain direction, you must follow all its rules..
Despite the development of technology, the classic style still does not lose its relevance.
This aspect has undergone some changes. New models of furniture and appliances are entering the arena that will help make your kitchen modern and fashionable..
First rule: Away from the kitchen corners. Until recently, they were in every home, and were considered very comfortable. But at the moment they have already faded into the background, and they are only aging your kitchen. If you still have such a piece of furniture, replace it with nice and comfortable high-backed chairs. In furniture stores, you will find many design options for every taste, and you will definitely find what you like and will be in harmony with the overall design.
Beautiful chairs with a back and a soft seat
Bar counters or kitchen islands are gaining popularity. This innovation requires matching bar stools. There are also a huge number of them, in addition, you can easily make such furniture with your own hands..
A kitchen island can combine several functions
A transparent dining table will help make a modern kitchen. But here you need to be as careful as possible when choosing: buying a low-quality cover, you risk quickly breaking it or getting a crack.
The best materials for decoration
Wallpaper familiar to us is already fading into the background. Painted walls, brickwork, and natural stone are gaining popularity in modern styles. These ideas will make the kitchen easier to maintain and modern. Despite this, the wallpaper still applies. And if you remain an adherent of this type of design – use the latest types.
The best solution for finishing an apron would be ceramic tiles.
The ceiling also does not take on a new shape. Stretch ceilings (PVC film) and multi-level (plasterboard structures) are popular in this area..
The choice of ceiling covering depends on the style and height of the room.
Kitchen flooring shouldn’t be afraid of grease and water
For the floor, select new types of tiles (preferably large sizes to give a more luxurious look to the kitchen space), modern linoleum, laminate and natural board.
Interesting design ideas
What will definitely make the kitchen trendy are interesting ideas. Unusual ways of using ordinary things always arouse interest and bring something new..
Kitchen without wall cabinets
We are used to seeing a fully assembled kitchen set. But try to introduce new trends and get rid of the wall cabinets. In minimalist directions, hidden storage systems and shelves are welcome. Distribute the storage locations correctly, and try a new design method. The “smart kitchen” system will also come to the rescue, which saves space as much as possible..
The absence of upper cabinets makes the kitchen visually wider and raises the ceiling
Kitchen with open shelves on a brick wall
Refrigerator as art
We return to the 50s of America, when bright refrigerators were popular, and we make them modern. Colored refrigerators in bright colors are gaining popularity in many new styles. We forget about the boring white unit and get an unusual red, blue, green or black refrigerator.
Orange refrigerator will become a bright accent in the interior of a white kitchen
Painting is also an interesting idea. In addition, this option will allow you to show your artistic talents. If these are not observed, you can paste over the refrigerator with colored film, plain or with photo printing..
The refrigerator can be decorated using decoupage technique or art painting.
Paying attention to the factors mentioned, and using the proposed ideas, you can make your kitchen modern, cozy and comfortable..
Video: 10 stylish kitchen decor ideas
Photos of modern kitchens