Sofa selection: colors, mechanisms, sizes
One of the most important questions when choosing a room’s interior: which sofa will fit best into the decor. Modern manufacturers present a huge variety of upholstered furniture. So what should you look for when buying? How to make the right choice?
A green sofa in the interior will look good against a white wall.
A soft corner sofa with shelves for books will become your favorite place in the house
Small pillows will complement the sofa and the overall design of the room.
Defining the goal
The first step is to answer a few questions. This will help you to accurately determine the model, color, quality of the fabric..
- The use of the sofa in the interior. If the furniture will be used day after day, then you should pay attention to models with dense sheathing (jacquard) of a non-marking shade. The sofa that will be used for sleeping must have a strong frame and have an elastic surface. But for the living room, you can take a soft sofa on the contrary..
- The size of the room. Upholstered furniture should not seem bulky, interfere with the passage in the room. For small rooms, it is not recommended to choose non-standard models with wide backs.
- Unfolding frequency. If you plan to disassemble the sofa for sleeping every day, then the mechanism must be durable and reliable..
- The general style of the living room. Upholstered furniture should correspond to the main concept of the style of the room.
- Price criterion.
White soft sofa in the living room, a great place for gatherings and tea drinking
The color combination of the sofa and curtains looks beautiful
Someone wants to put a sofa – the accent of the interior, while someone wants it to simply merge with the general atmosphere. With this choice, the most important role is played by the color of the upholstery. Experts identify several ways to achieve your goal..
P / p No.
Game of shades
The sofa will perfectly match the overall furnishings if its color differs by several shades from the wallpaper in the room. The difference can be both in the dark side and in the light side..
Reception is bold enough. The upholstery is selected in bright colors: blue, green, yellow, red. But the wallpaper should be light: beige, gray. The brightness of the sofa can be dimmed with curtains or decor.
The sofa and the walls of the living room are chosen in calm but different colors. For example: white and black.
A combination of bright contrasting walls and upholstered furniture in a neutral color.
Harmonious combination of two bright contrasting colors in the interior.
Any color is combined with a neutral shade. Therefore, beige, brown, gray sofas in the interior are universal..
A yellow sofa will complement the design of the room well.
The chocolate color of the sofa in the combination of the white interior looks amazing
Bright red sofa upholstery looks very expensive
Be careful when choosing bright contrasting colors. Here are several options for successful combinations:
- Red: pistachio, lemon.
- Yellow: gray, blue, green, purple.
- Orange: blue, gray.
- Green: purple, light pink, yellow.
- Blue: light blue, yellow.
So, the color of the upholstery plays one of the most important roles in the design of the style of the room. It affects the state of a person, his mood. Light colors can evoke joy, while dark muted tones can calm you down. You can first study the photo with different combinations..
A sofa with a sleeping place in the living room will become a favorite place to relax
The sofa can be supplemented with pillows of different sizes
When buying upholstered furniture in the living room, be sure to consider what kind of internal mechanism the sofa has. There are several types of structures, on which it depends on how the acquisition will be laid out:
- The book is one of the first mechanisms and the most widespread. The seat rises, and after a small click, it goes down with the back. It is, of course, quick and convenient, but such furniture in the room cannot be placed close to the wall..
- Eurobook. To unfold such a design, you need to pull out the seat and pull the back in its place. Such furniture is suitable for daily unfolding..
- Dolphin. The additional half of the sleeping part is pulled out from under the first. The lack of a box for storing linen is usually considered a design drawback..
- Accordion. Such a sofa has a spacious seating area, but it is very difficult to unfold: the seat is lifted until it clicks and pulled forward.
- American and French clamshells. In these sofas, most of the sleeping space is stored under the seat. This furniture often has an original design and is very convenient to use..
- Draw-out mechanism. Rugged design with sliding bottom. But the wheels can leave on the carpet.
It is better to look at the mechanism not at the photo, but to try how it functions in reality..
The right decision would be to choose a sofa to match the color of the interior.
A soft turquoise sofa will give the room a special atmosphere
The gray sofa in the living room will look harmonious in the interior
How to place the sofa
The general appearance of the living room largely depends on the location of the furniture. The most difficult thing is to place several models in the room so as not to clutter up the space. Experienced designers offer several options for placing sofas in the interior:
- Items can be placed opposite each other. The option is very convenient, it allows the company to be placed face to face.
- The placement of the corner is no less convenient, it allows everyone sitting on the sofas to watch, for example, TV.
- You can install furniture along the wall in the living room, if the area allows.
A soft sofa in the living room will be a great place to watch a movie or read a book.
You can combine completely different colors, give freedom of imagination
A big sofa
If there is enough space in the room, you can place a large sofa in the interior of the living room, including a corner sofa. When choosing a model, be sure to pay attention to several points:
- The upholstery must be moisture resistant and easy to clean. It is desirable that the covers be removed from the pillows. This will make it easier to leave.
- Armrests, backrest, seat should be soft and comfortable.
- It is recommended to choose functional furniture with drawers inside, shelves (if there is a corner sofa). There are models in which a bar opens from the armrests.
The sofa can be matched to the design of the room
It will be a pleasure to rest in such a place.
Creamy color goes well with dark wood
Volumetric sofas in the interior visually in any case always reduce the space of the room. It should be borne in mind that in a large trading floor or in a photo, they always seem more compact. Therefore, you should think about the size in advance. You may need to pay attention to compact corner sofas. They are no less functional.
Manufacturers offer large oval or U-shaped sofas. They look very interesting and unusual in rooms. Placing such models often does not require additional furniture in the room..
A sofa with a coffee table is a classic
The black sofa in the living room interior looks rich
In use, very comfortable modular sofas. The design allows you to frequently change the environment in the room. They are of two types:
- Selection, in which the blocks are connected relatively firmly, they are not often disassembled.
- Transformable models include many elements that detach from each other quickly and easily.
The design of the room is discreet in one color
You can always combine colors
A sofa with ottomans will perfectly complement the design of the living room
Sofa parts can be of several types:
- sun loungers.
In this case, the height or inclination of the backs, armrests can change. That is, the furnishings and style of the room can change at any time without material investment. The number of blocks in a sofa can be up to 50 pieces.
With the help of modular sofas in the living room interior, you can divide the area into zones. For example, to separate the living room from the bedroom or play area, as shown in the photo.
Dark blue sofa stands out in the interior of a white room
Great place to relax and have a good time
For small rooms, miniature sofas are more often purchased. You can choose chairs, poufs for them. Corner sofas can also be compact. It is better to install such a model with its back to the window. This will visually enlarge the room, add light. During installation, be sure to leave a space between the sofa and the battery..
50 photos of examples of a sofa in interior design: