Curtains-threads in the kitchen – choice, care, do-it-yourself production
Filament curtains in the kitchen are an original and practical way to decorate a room. They do not disrupt the natural circulation of air, while on a sunny day they will save you from the heat, and on a cloudy day they will let in natural light. This article will talk about muslin, the rules for caring for it, draping with cotton curtains in the interior of the kitchen and making them with your own hands.
Filament curtains in the kitchen are an original and practical way to decorate a room..
Why are filament curtains good in the conditions and in the interior of the kitchen??
Thread curtains make the atmosphere of the room pleasant and relaxed, but even such an element of decor has both advantages and disadvantages..
- The threads of the curtains for the kitchen go well with tulle, which gives the interior an unusual look.
- They are practical: they do not need frequent washing, they regulate the light entering the room.
- Do not wrinkle, when tying them in a knot or weaving pigtails, they easily return to their original appearance.
- Filament curtains in the interior of the kitchen can serve as a zoning function, for example, separating the eating area from other parts of the kitchen.
- Visually allow you to enlarge the room.
- There is a huge selection of muslin on the market for every taste..
- Easy to attach.
- Low prices compared to regular tulle.
- No ironing required.
- No special wall mounts required.
- Do not cause inconvenience when airing the room.
- Eliminate the inconvenience of curtains in a draft.
- Children and pets, especially cats, pay special attention to muslin, the threads can be damaged.
- Difficult to match with furniture.
- If used improperly, the threads can become tangled..
- They accumulate grease, dirt, dust, and are susceptible to static electricity.
- Insects can fly unhindered into the room..
- Get entangled in a draft.
Types of filament curtains.
In the modern market, the buyer will be able to find various options for filament curtains for the kitchen. They can be made of various materials, decorated with various beads, feathers, knots. Kiseya for the kitchen design options.
- Narrow threads and wide ribbons.
- Thick threads in the form of chains, spirals.
- Smooth transitions – gradient.
- Decorated with sequins, beads, rhinestones.
- Soft threads with pom poms.
The length of the curtains plays an important role in the interior. For the living room, bedroom, nursery, long muslin is better suited, because it is these that will fit well into the interior of these rooms..
The length of the curtains plays an important role in the interior.
For the interior of the kitchen, it is best to choose short filament curtains, it will be more practical and aesthetically pleasing. If you buy the wrong length, the muslin can be cut.
For the interior of the kitchen, it is best to choose short filament curtains, it will be more practical and aesthetically pleasing..
How to hang a muslin correctly so as not to entangle the threads.
There are several ways to place filament curtains without tangling the threads..
- Pass the bar through the special hole at the edge of the curtains.
- Use “hooks”.
- Sew on the curtain tape and attach to a standard curtain.
- In order not to entangle the threads on the muslin, you must follow the further instructions.
- Remove the filament curtains from the packaging.
- Remove the top tape with which the entire surface of the curtains is tied. This is necessary so that it does not deteriorate while in the package..
- Hang up in any convenient way.
- Take off the rest of the tapes.
- Unravel the appeared knots.
Important! The threads should be untangled when pulling the muslin to the side. Perform all actions smoothly without sudden movements. All actions must be performed from top to bottom.
If the threads are of such a length that does not fit into the interior, then you can easily fix this problem and cut them.
- Hang on the curtain.
- Let it hang for a couple of days.
- Cut with sharp scissors to the required length.
Important! You can also apply an assembly to adjust the width of the muslin..
How to wash properly?
Despite the seeming simplicity and non-soiling in use, thread curtains require special handling when washing.
- Gently twist into a sausage, or tie into a knot, or braid and tie with ribbons.
- Place in a special bag or nylon tights.
- Hang back on the curtain after washing. Additional smoothing is not required – the threads under their weight will be able to restore volume and straightness.
Important! It is necessary to weigh the muslin back in a tied form, only then unravel the knot and untie the ribbons.
Another option for cleaning such curtains is to dry-clean them..
How to make thread curtains yourself?
Even an inexperienced housewife can make a muslin. To do this, you only need material for curtains: threads or wide ribbons and decorations. Variants of muslin from shells, feathers, buttons, beads, strips of fabric are also possible. Ornaments can be bugles or large beads to make the threads heavier. To make hand-made curtains look like a shop, it is best to use viscose. This material shimmers in the sun and flows.
Even an inexperienced housewife can make a muslin. To do this, you only need material for curtains: threads or wide ribbons and decorations.
Thread curtains can be made from different materials..
- Artificial fibers. These are very thin filaments that are susceptible to static electricity build-up on their surface. You should pay attention to this when choosing raw materials.
- Twine, laces will fit very well into the interior in combination with beads, sequins and various decorations.
- Tapes of different widths. The most easily soiled curtains will be made from this kind of material, but they look very original in combination with decorations.
- The fishing line will allow you to create curtains from buttons, corks, beads. If possible, you can make a muslin from semi-precious or precious stones..
- Thick threads of wool with various thickenings in the form of pompons, lurex. However, this unusual decoration may not suit all types of interiors..
Important! From the point of view of practicality, muslin with feathers, pompoms is not suitable for the kitchen interior.
- Measure the window opening and find the desired indentation between the threads.
- Take a base. This can be a wide tape or a wooden plank..
- Cut the threads to the required length.
- Fold the ribbon in half, place the middle under the base.
- Thread the ends through the base and tighten. It turns out a knot.
- Fix with hot melt glue.
- Fasten the ends by baking or tie knots..
To make curtains made of threads last longer, you should know the rules for caring for them..
- They must be washed regularly..
- Can be washed by hand and in a typewriter on a gentle mode.
- Do not neglect fabric softeners.
- Curtains cannot be wrung out, they must be hung for self-flowing.
- Hard threads should be wiped with a damp cloth.
- If there are decorative elements, then it is better to give preference to hand washing and dry cleaning..
Kisei is a great option for diversifying the look of your kitchen. Their lightness and weightlessness will fit very well into any interior. Filament curtains can be used as curtains, separators of various zones in the kitchen and in any other room. They are easy to use and you can make your own if you want..
Video: Curtains-threads in the interior of the kitchen
50 photo ideas of curtain threads in the interior of the kitchen