How to use light laminate flooring in the interior
Most designers consider a dark shade to be the most traditional flooring option. Light laminate flooring in the interior is not so common compared to other coatings. But with the proper organization of the entire design, it will fit there perfectly.
Light laminate in the interior is not used very often.
If you choose the right color, light laminate can fit very well into the interior.
Laminate must match the interior of the room
What is laminate flooring
Laminate flooring resembles wood parquet. But it cannot be completely attributed to wood products. The top layer is made of resin, acrylic or melamine. It is a protective coating that preserves the beauty of the decorative finish. The first layer is followed by a film. It has a decorative character and imitates wood. Then comes a plate made of fiberboard or chipboard, which allows you to make the product stiffer and stronger..
The manufactured products have various consumer properties. You can choose the most suitable for a specific room.
The top layer of the laminate is made of resin
For a specific room, you can choose the right laminate
How to choose a laminate
The choice usually comes down to two parameters, including appearance and quality characteristics. But it is recommended to take into account other factors:
- wear resistance, strength;
- sensitivity indicator for wet cleaning;
- moisture resistance.
Appearance matters. You need to understand how to choose everything in style. Recommendations are presented in the table.
White tone or its shades will do. Looks good bleached oak.
Choose a light palette that works well with this style..
Very nice light laminate will look in a modern style
Preference should be given to trusted manufacturers
Light laminate can fit into any interior style
Light laminate in the interior
Light laminate flooring in the interior of the apartment is a suitable option for decorating the floor. It combines well with other colors, fills the room with light and hides some of the imperfections of the room. The main thing is to connect correctly with various shades and factors. If you are not careful, you can get an absurd interior. Therefore, it is worthwhile to carefully study the features of the product..
Light laminate: advantages
There are a number of advantages that make it a good design option..
- The ability to visually increase the space. Therefore, it should be used in small rooms. The dark range narrows the space, while the opposite makes it more spacious..
- Everything is filled with light. If the windows are not on the sunny side, which leads to the lack of the required natural light, then it is worth choosing a similar laminate. It will make the space more illuminated..
- Smudges less than dark coverage. Dust on it is almost invisible. Therefore, this option is much more practical and less capricious..
- Creation of original and complex styles. Many different details can be applied and appear vivid against white. Therefore, the use of contrasting elements is suitable..
The listed advantages allow you to choose this design option..
With the help of light shades, you can visually expand the boundaries of the room.
Such a laminate does not get dirty as much as a regular one.
Light laminate: disadvantages
The product has certain drawbacks that are important to consider before buying it..
- An unnatural effect may occur under certain lighting conditions. Most strive to ensure that the chosen model looks as natural and natural as possible. But that won’t be easy to achieve..
- It takes a lot of time to find the accompanying parts. You need to carefully choose skirting boards, window frames. The key difficulty comes down to finding a winning combination.
- It may look rustic. Some people think that such a floor does not look so chic. Therefore, it is not suitable for every style..
Laminate in the interior of the apartment looks impressive only if you take into account all its pros, cons and features. This will help you avoid wrong decisions..
In addition to its advantages, such a coating also has disadvantages.
It will be difficult to match the accompanying elements to the light floor.
Before laying such a floor, it is worth considering all the little things.
Features of choosing a light floor covering
In order for the chosen model to favorably emphasize the features of the room, and hide the flaws, it is necessary to adhere to certain tips. When you have decided what color you need, you should understand what you want to get in the end. You can achieve a natural effect or a luxurious one. For the latter option, buy a product that has a glossy finish. Be prepared that it will be difficult to withstand the whole design in such an image. It won’t look natural. If you want a glamorous effect, it is better to choose a darker palette. Otherwise, there is a risk that the design of the floor will seem unnatural and cheap. But if you replace it with a matte model, it will add an atmosphere of naturalness and sophistication..
Laminate can connect multiple rooms. Then it is not the palette that is important, but the lighting. A selected hue can look completely different with a specific direction and light saturation. It is recommended to use peripheral lighting and central lighting, placing everything correctly.
The choice will be influenced by the type of room. Some designers believe that a light coating should not be used in a hallway or corridor. But if you succeed in thinking and organizing everything carefully, you can not follow the recommendations of the designers..
The choice of flooring should be approached with caution.
Lighting must be matched to this floor.
Light laminate in the interior: tips for use
When using laminate flooring in the interior of an apartment, you must carefully consider the wall palette. If the tone matches the floor, the ceilings will visually become higher. But the space itself will seem narrower. If you don’t think carefully about the design, you get a room that resembles a ward in a hospital. Completeness will be added by a correctly selected skirting board. It is better if it is a few shades darker than the color of the floor..
Let the baseboard repeat one of the shades of the room design. Any decor element will do. The same color of the skirting board and the door looks perfect.
If you do not like the standard, and want to add originality, it is recommended to use a simple technique. Skirting boards and floors should have contrasting colors. If the latter is decorated in light colors, then the former will be black. It will turn out expressively. Be sure to add some black elements to the interior by complementing the skirting board.
An excellent solution would be to use a range of flooring, which is several tones lighter than furniture. If you do not follow this advice, there is a risk that objects will merge into a single spot. The style will not be bright, expressive. Avoid fusion by placing a dark carpet on the floor. This will become a stain that will perfectly dilute the overall look..
The best option is considered to be a competent color combination in the interior.
Gender should be at least slightly different from the general picture
Carpet is great for diluting the overall look
Choice of laminate shade and room style
It is logical and simple to select interior doors to match the floor design. This contributes to the expansion of space, adding freedom. White is a trendy and popular solution..
Light shades of laminate are suitable for the following styles.
- Scandinavian. Assumes maximum use of white gamut. For the floor, not a dark oak is suitable. The hospital ward effect can be avoided by placing bright, contrasting elements. Painting, vases, carpet, pillows will do.
- Provence. In this case, white is replaced by pastel paints, delicate. There is a floral pattern on the details. This will have a positive effect on the whole image;
- Minimalism. It is necessary to combine a white palette and a free open space in one room. Minimalism involves the use of a minimum of furniture and decor. Only necessary, practical and functional.
- High tech. Add strong, clear lines. The style does not require the presence of naturalness, which allows the use of laminate with a glossy surface. The more the industrial atmosphere is emphasized, the more ideal it will turn out. Do not let the doors between rooms open, but move apart. Metallic, black, gray and white tones prevail.
The correct design helps the laminate to look good. You must first decide on the result that you want to get.
Such a laminate is more suitable for a modern style.
To make the floor look like a winner, you should correctly arrange the room
We use light laminate in the interior of the apartment
When decorating an apartment, it is important to remember the features that each color has. There are paints that absorb light beams, and others that play with them and create glare and play. Light organization, location and intensity are of key importance. Practice in moderation and be mindful of compatibility.
Laminate and skirting boards are selected taking into account the following factors:
- the appearance of furniture items;
- construction of openings;
- wall decoration and use of decorative elements.
Designers believe that it is not necessary to select everything exactly in one tone. An exception will be spaces where a dark carpet is introduced, which is a diluting and contrasting element..
Lighting plays the main role in the use of such a floor.
When choosing a laminate, it is worth considering all the little things.
It’s not worth picking everything up in one tone
The right combination of laminate and door color in the interior
There are the following principles for a competent combination.
- Contrast. The use of radically different paints. Dark laminate flooring in the interior of the apartment, together with details opposite on the palette and vice versa. To enhance the effect, the selected colors should be both warm or cold..
- Combination. When the laminate is a little lighter. Gamma temperature one.
- Coincidence. The maximum approximation of the palette, texture. Choose a door that is the same wood grain that mimics laminate flooring. Don’t try to achieve identity. Close enough proximity to each other.
A color scheme.
- Beige. It is neutral, so the door can have any shade of the same spectrum..
- Gray. Any from milky to smoky. The entire gray palette is allowed.
- White. The door of the same color will be ideal. The temperature must be observed, either only warm or cold.
The dark colors of the laminate are combined with the same doors. Additionally, the texture and pattern must match.
In some cases, a light-colored laminate in a bright room can look beneficial.
Usually, if the walls in the room are light, pick up the floor a little darker.
Selection rules depending on the room
There are certain recommendations that depend on the specific room. Among them:
- Kitchen. It is a difficult space in terms of choosing the material’s wear resistance class. Select the appearance to match the overall design. There is high humidity in the kitchen, there is a possibility of grease drops on the floor. Therefore, a material with a high degree of resistance to the negative influence of the listed factors is perfect..
- Bathroom. Experts advise against using such a coating in this room. The most suitable is a stone or tile. If only the option with a laminate is considered, then be sure to choose one with high water resistance. Differs in high cost, but copes with steam, moisture and condensate.
- Living room or bedroom. In addition to durability and beauty, other indicators must be taken into account here. It matters how well the material absorbs noise, especially for the bedroom. Therefore, a high quality product that will not creak when walking is suitable. For children, it is necessary to take into account the safety of the material, whether it causes allergies, how warm it is. Surface roughness is better than smoothness.
- Hallway. In the corridor, the level of traffic is high. The floor is more exposed to dirt, washes more often. Therefore, models with resistance to moisture and good wear resistance are suitable..
These tips will help you choose the right floor for your room. Thanks to this, it will be possible to avoid many mistakes in the design..
50 photos of interior design ideas with light laminate: