Decorative branches for a floor vase – environmentally friendly, original and stylish
Recently, the value of classical art is giving way to everything original and non-standard. For better or worse, we live in an age of the new and the unusual. Natural materials are in fashion: it is not surprising, there is nothing more beautiful in texture and more unique than natural wood, branches, dried flowers.
The branches of trees in the interior should be appropriate and almost invisible – like everything is in good repair, when nothing catches your eye, but there is a feeling of comfort – you did everything right.
Vase decor can be made from branches
You can hang decorative eggs on the branches
You can decorate the branches with paper flowers.
Love for creativity is instilled from school: they are told to make herbariums, paintings from dried flowers, handicrafts. This is how we learn to understand the beauty of nature and the uniqueness of natural materials. If you remember, we made crafts from branches for any occasion: seasons, gifts for March 8 and February 23, or made something useful. You can braid the pencil holder like a basket, or make the whole picture: attach a wooden panel with burning to the wicker base. It is also good to arrange photo frames from tree branches. A DIY gift is stylish, beautiful and original in our age of cheap souvenirs and cheap gifts that nobody needs.
You can decorate a vase in absolutely different ways.
Flowers are ideal for vase decor
As we grow up, it is important that creativity remains in life. It happens that on a visit you can see an unusual collection of figurines made of wood: the author saw various animals in twigs and twigs, cut them out, varnished them and surrounded the room with them. On the one hand, the dog is guessed, and the twig has not ceased to be itself, natural, unique and asymmetrical. Therefore, the dog is a little crooked, but unique. In the same way, you can make a candlestick from tree branches – just take the twig you like, cut out a hole for the candle, varnish it – and the thing will delight you for many years. Cheap and angry.
Wavy branches will look very stylish
Dry branches can be painted in different colors
Branches can be painted in shiny paint, it will look beautiful
How to process branches for decoration?
After hiking in the forest, if you decide to use dry twigs in your interior, you may need the following tools:
- small saw;
- knife, screwdriver and everything for the necessary holes in the wood;
- hammer and nails;
- glue or better glue gun;
- wood varnish and a comfortable brush;
- paint: white is more often used, but any will do, depending on the style you want;
- threads, ropes, bands for tying.
- First of all, the tree must dry: a couple of weeks indoors, 7 days on a battery, or a couple of hours in an oven with an open door;
- Dried wood blanks are treated with paint or varnish, depending on the purpose. Processing is needed for aesthetic beauty and long service life and so that some nasty bugs do not start in the wood, which will then eat your furniture.
Dry branches can be combined with flowers
Flowers are ideal for vase decor
How to paint branches white for decor
- Collect beautiful branches in the nearby forest.
- Dry them thoroughly in a warm room..
- Decide if you need bark: usually after drying, it flies off by itself, but if the bark is holding tight and you want to leave it, leave it.
- Go to your nearest store and browse the entire range of acrylic paints. Perhaps you will change your mind about taking only white color, and take paints of all colors of the rainbow. It’s not bad.
- It is better to paint a tree in a ventilated room, in an apartment it is a balcony. And it’s important not to rush, let it dry well.
- The number of layers of paint depends on your desire for brightness and intensity of the shade..
- To make the branch shine on top, it should be covered with ordinary wood varnish..
Voila! The material for decoration is ready, you can proceed to the next stage – the direct process of creativity.
Dry branches with flowers will look gorgeous
You can decorate the branches with different colors, it will look original
Golden branches in a vase will perfectly complement the interior of the room
Eco decor: 35 branch decor ideas for your home
- Bouquets in a vase of twigs and dried flowers are commonplace, but often look very beautiful. Or it is worth decorating the vase by gluing unusual branches and tying with ribbons.
- Compositions of dried flowers on the shelf next to souvenirs and figurines can look advantageous.
- Volumetric paintings or panels.
- Frames for photos or paintings.
- Holders for pens and pencils with holes sawn in a block.
- Wooden candlesticks – just glue the original twigs to the glass glass and you get forest beauty.
- Branch lighting – why not? It is easy to decorate the stand of a simple floor lamp with a decor made of branches, so that no one will guess that this beauty is made by hand.
- Partitions in the room – they put screens if necessary, why not make it from a wicker vine decorated with twigs, ribbons and leaves? Now space is in vogue, with the help of branches you can make an openwork and transparent division between living areas.
- An unusual bottle with a beautiful branch inside – why a boat? There are many ships, and the decor of a bottle of branches is one in a million.
Curly branches can be supplemented with paper flowers
Decorated dry branches for a vase on the balcony will look beautiful
- Clothes hanger – earlier for such purposes deer antlers were hung, but an unusual gnarled branch is also suitable.
- Furniture woven from branches, especially a rocking chair, create a unique cosiness.
- It is possible to weave anything from a vine: a vase, a flower stand, even a house for a cat;
- Branches of trees in the interior can simply be placed or hung on the wall, under the ceiling – they will look original.
- A large branch that imitates a whole dry tree in the corner of the room will look good – firmly fixed, with any pendants – no one can take away from you that unity with nature that you will acquire with such a neighborhood.
- It is easy to decorate flower pots or vases with branches and twigs.
Vase decor with plants and flowers
A large number of plants in a vase will harmoniously complement the interior of the room
Branches can be decorated with small flowers and beads
- Decorated with saw cut branches of a mirror or a mirrored door of a wardrobe.
- Wicker wreaths of branches and leaves look beautiful on the front door.
- A large branchy branch in a pot can be decorated with colorful birds, pleasing to the eye. Or fruits – this decor is ideal for a child’s room.
- Small twigs in small vases can decorate some free space..
- Many large and intricate branches are so beautiful that they can be placed on a wall instead of a painting..
- It is not difficult to make a picture from branches: a background from wallpaper, a stylish frame and beautiful content.
- Branches as a holder for women’s jewelry will be fabulously beautiful and extremely comfortable.
- Branches can be used to decorate a whole wall, turning it into a forest. The presence of backlight will also be important..
- With dry branches, you can beautifully close the battery.
- A stand for hot twigs will bring not only aesthetic, but also practical benefits.
- A knotty stick can be used to make a completely eco-friendly toilet paper holder, and the set includes the same wooden “hooks” for towels..
- Crochet hooks are also easy to make from knots..
- Dry branches combined with glass can turn into a chic coffee table. Or without glass – a pretty tree stump can become a table.
- Wood knots can be beautiful shelf holders.
- Chairs and tables, made from a combination of wooden planks and branches, will create a special comfort, as if you live on a tree. But in such a complex job, you will need the knowledge and experience of a carpenter..
- Dry branches are suitable for wooden stairs instead of railings or balusters.
- Even a cornice can be made from a branch, however, it will be inconvenient to use it.
- Everyone loves lamps, if you attach mini-diode bulbs to a beautiful branch, twisting wires around the branches – it turns out that you have a fairy forest at home.
- Hanging table from a beautiful wooden saw cut will be comfortable by the bed.
- You can also lay out the silhouette of any creature from the branches, for example, a kitten, and place it on the wall instead of a picture.
A vase with dry branches can be placed in the bedroom
Flowers can be coated with bright shiny varnish
And an endless variety of ideas! Rare branches in the interior are so complex and beautiful that you want to look at them. Each tree has unique branches, but often we focus so little on this, focusing on the leaves..
There are an unlimited number of options for decorating with branches for the house, in principle, any branch you like can be hung on the wall, on the curtain, put on a shelf in the closet. Especially if this branch is something valuable to you: brought from a long journey, it reminds of other days, of loved ones, of old dreams and hopes. The functional use of decorative branches is also important – they can replace many of the usual things of our everyday life..
Large thick branches will look very beautiful in the interior of the room.
The branches for the floor vase can be painted golden
Any branches are suitable for vase decor
What interior style can be used for decor from dry branches?
- Classic – between rich sofas against the background of wallpaper with royal lilies, a huge floor vase with a dry bouquet looks gorgeous.
- Provence is accompanied by dry bouquets in vases, dried lavender and laurel.
- Modern style – can include decor from branches in any shape and quantity acceptable to the owners.
- Eco-style requires maximum naturalism: wicker furniture, a lot of wood, rough fabrics, decor from natural materials.
- Minimalism allows a maximum of one beautiful dry twig on the wall instead of a picture or in a vase as opposed to a whole bouquet, that’s why it is minimalism.
- The mixed style in itself is a modern art, and it is sometimes very difficult to imagine in advance what may be there..
The combination of colors will perfectly complement the interior
Live branches will look very beautiful
The branches of trees in the interior, like many free materials found in any forest, have a very valuable advantage: they are free. You breathe a second life into them, increase the price of a piece of wood with time, efforts, expended materials: paints and ribbons. When you get tired of this stuff, you can always throw it away. Everything requires changes, tastes are revised, children are born, they will have other plans for your living space, beautiful but useless things are covered with a thick layer of dust, it is almost impossible to remove it without damaging the composition. And when the children grow up, you will already be looking for beautiful twigs in the forest with them, cut dolls out of them, hang them on the wall with beautiful compositions or make school crafts.
Video: DIY decorative branches for a floor vase
50 photos of examples of a floor vase with decorative branches: