Methods for decorating stairs in a private house
The design of a staircase in a private house is a separate aspect. Using standard materials in combination with original techniques, you can embody exceptional, beautiful options. The design of the staircase is influenced by its construction and the wishes of the owner..
Using standard techniques in the design, you can translate interesting ideas into reality
You need to think over the design of the stairs based on its shape
The staircase should match the design and style of the room
How to design a staircase in a private house
It is recommended to build on the general interior of the room. A product made of natural wood is perfect for classics. Modern is perfectly complemented by glass or chrome construction. For decorative finishes, use backlighting. When planning the design of flights of stairs, be sure to take into account the design features.
Stick to the style of the room when decorating your stairs.
With the help of light, you can beautifully decorate the stairs.
Constructive staircase options
There are the following types of products.
- Marching. They are the most common. Differs in ease of use. The march is straight and pivotal. The latter is a great space saver. Suitable construction for spacious rooms.
- Screw. Most often used in small rooms. A handrail is required for safety. Take up a minimum of space, look spectacular.
- Console. They look light. For them, load-bearing walls act as a support. Steps are attached to them. Decorative rods or cables, which are attached to the ceiling, allow you to take on additional stress. The design does not prevent natural light from entering the room.
- Combined. The product will be reborn with a combination of different materials and details.
Spiral staircases are often used in small spaces.
Decorative lamps can be installed on the wall
The modern design of the stairs in the interior will look unusual and at the same time beautiful
Staircase in the hallway: design options
The design of the room directly affects the appearance of the staircase. Therefore, products of the following styles are suitable for the hallway.
- Classic. Valuable types of wood, marble, granite are used. Complemented by beautiful carvings and elegant details.
- Modern. Suitable for making metal, stone and glass. The structure is distinguished by its high strength.
- Provence. Wood species such as cherry, pear, ash are often used..
In the classic style, natural valuable wood is usually used.
A staircase in the style of minimalism will perfectly complement the interior of the room
How to decorate the stairs in the living room?
The design depends on the selected style. The classic assumes muted, calm tones. The white product will perfectly fit into the living room, complemented by old paintings or frescoes on the wall. Many decorative elements are not allowed. You can add some natural material like granite or marble.
Modern refers to the contemporary style. For decoration, use shades and materials such as metallic. Supplement with an abundance of drainage, fittings. It is recommended to install lighting in the steps to embody the atmosphere of chic.
Country music is suitable for living rooms in mysterious houses. It lies in the reflection of the village life. The key features are naturalness, naturalness. The staircase should be chosen from pine, birch or oak. For walls, prefer decorative plaster.
The design of the stairs primarily depends on the style of the room.
Wood is the most common material for stairs
Art Nouveau often uses light as decorative elements.
Handrails as part of the decor
Fences are of great importance for the perception of the entire structure. The handrails must fully reflect the overall design. The available options are reflected in the table.
They are made of wooden bars with a round or square cross section. Suitable for country.
They are turned using a milling machine according to a specific template. Made of wood.
It has a simple pipe-like appearance. Suitable for modern interiors.
Complemented with curly elements, complex details. Often metal and wood are combined in one product. Looks spectacular on screw models.
Used for rooms with modern design. Often acts as a partition and is complemented by stainless steel parts.
Concrete and stone
Used for massive items. Allows you to create an impressive effect. For spacious rooms only. In a small room, handrails look out of place, cumbersome.
Handrails are essential in staircase design
Glass handrails are commonly used in Art Nouveau style
Wall decor along the steps
Decoration requires not only the elements of the stairs, but also the walls located along. One of the most popular options is the placement of photographs and paintings. This will allow you to choose a harmonious composition for any interior..
If you have a talent for an artist, you should try to paint the picture yourself, and then hang it on the wall. Be attentive to the selection of frames. They must fit correctly into the overall look..
Lamps can be placed along the steps
Paintings along the walls are the most popular decor options.
Frames for paintings should harmoniously fit into the overall interior of the room.
Decoration of steps and the space under them
If the width of the steps allows, you can supplement them with decorative details in the form of vases with flowers and beautiful sculptures. The available free space should be used for:
- racks and shelves for books;
- storage cabinet;
- with the necessary space, you can make a corner for children’s games or sports.
If there is enough space, it is worth complementing the bookshelves with an upholstered armchair or small sofa. Make a great reading area.
Flowers or other decorative items can be placed under the stairs
The free space under the stairs can be used profitably by making a small cabinet
How to make a laconic design
If it is not possible to use various decorative details, it is worth considering the option of using a laconic design. There are standard techniques for this..
- The steps should be clean and tidy. Combine the range and material with the overall interior. The most popular finishing materials are wood, carpet, laminate..
- A rug is suitable for almost every model. It makes the steps soft, warm. Footsteps will become muffled.
- Walls nearby are recommended to be decoded with panels and other decoration details.
The staircase should harmoniously fit into the overall interior of the room
With the help of light, you can beautifully decorate a staircase.
There are a lot of staircase design options, finding a suitable one is not difficult
How to arrange the space under the stairs
It was noted that the space under the structure can be used with benefit. It is important to take into account the dimensions of the product and design features. What matters is the position of the space, the presence of technical communications. It is worth acting in full compliance with the safety rules. Preferred design options.
- Hallway. Relevant if the structure is in the corridor. You can place a wardrobe, a curbstone for convenient placement of things. Complete with a mirror. Such arrangement effectively saves space, allows you to store more things, frees up free space for guests..
- Pantry. It is recommended to make the niche closed and place items that are rarely used in it. Make shelves for small parts. A great way to organize storage of things that have no place in the main part of the house.
- Wardrobe. You can organize a dressing room for efficient storage of clothes, shoes and accessories. Reduces the need to install huge cabinets in other rooms.
- Bar. Make some racks with compartments to hold alcohol. You can equip a small bar counter and put several chairs.
- Office. You can organize a home workspace. It is enough to put a table, an armchair and several shelves. Pay special attention to lighting. Make a sliding door to reduce noise..
- Library. Shelves, racks, cabinets are suitable for storing books in this area. You can make a library where the book collection will simply be located or supplemented with an armchair, appropriate lighting and turned into a resting place.
Under the stairs, you can equip a wardrobe and store things
If there is a lot of space under the stairs, you can put a sofa there.
Ideas for an unusual staircase design
- Soaring stairs. The walls have an even white color scheme paired with straight wood paneling. The cladding unfolds smoothly, which is being erected to create a cantilever staircase. Its limitation is a wall of glass.
- Contrasts. It consists in combining opposites. Dark with light, modern details with traditional.
- Map. The wall next to the structure can be supplemented with an old map of the city. It should start from the place where your house is..
- White with black. This combination is classic. A monochrome palette helps highlight architectural details. The path on the stairs should be black, complemented by pendant lights. It will add elegance.
The staircase is an important part of the room. Its design should be approached thoroughly, carefully thinking over every detail. The design is able to complement and favorably emphasize the interior of the home.
Video: Making a staircase in a private house
50 photos of staircase design ideas in a private house: